The Street Where You Were Brought Up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 20:02, Al Bundy said:

Kennedy Road, Sheffield 8.

Love that area, especially Holmhirst Road, Marshall, Mitchell.

Kennedy Rd

The Lake family on one side of the road 

The Clarricoates on the other.

Is that your era ?

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I remember the Holmes on Linscott, and the Twelvetrees.

Not keen on Chatfield, never was.

Yes I remember Betty Holmes lived on Linscott and also the Twelvetrees 

There was another Holmes family on Kennedy around no 32 

What years were you living there , Al ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in 1943 at Nether Edge hospital,I lived on Livesey Street Owlerton up to 1963 when I left home after many fall outs with my father who was very strict a real old tartar !.There was only one house on Liversey Street ours,an old cottage built in the late 1700s it belonged to the Neepsend Power Station!.I remember the rent 15shillings a week, 75p in new money,dear old dad originated from Birmingham and lodged at the cottage whilst working on building the cooling towers at neepsend!.He met my mother married and she moved in too,the tennants then were the Hollis man and wife family,I came along !.Mr Hollis passed on and Mrs Hollis went to live with relatives I remember her as a very nice lady the very opposite to her husband who took a dislike to me as a child but thats another story!.Up to 5yrs old I was the only kid on the street and I was a little bit naughty getting into trouble on a regular basis I wouldn,t behave!.Anyhow thats where I started out Birley Meadows cottage!.

4 hours ago, old tup said:

I was born in 1943 at Nether Edge hospital,I lived on Livesey Street Owlerton up to 1963 when I left home after many fall outs with my father who was very strict a real old tartar !.There was only one house on Liversey Street ours,an old cottage built in the late 1700s it belonged to the Neepsend Power Station!.I remember the rent 15shillings a week, 75p in new money,dear old dad originated from Birmingham and lodged at the cottage whilst working on building the cooling towers at neepsend!.He met my mother married and she moved in too,the tennants then were the Hollis man and wife family,I came along !.Mr Hollis passed on and Mrs Hollis went to live with relatives I remember her as a very nice lady the very opposite to her husband who took a dislike to me as a child but thats another story!.Up to 5yrs old I was the only kid on the street and I was a little bit naughty getting into trouble on a regular basis I wouldn,t behave!.Anyhow thats where I started out Birley Meadows cottage!.

………….

Edited by harvey19