Compare Countries

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Everytime there's a mention of increasing the number of UK Bank Holidays, we read reports of how much a Bank Holiday will affect productivity & how bad it is for the economy.  Yet we've just finished an extended Bank Holiday period & apparently, because it is linked to a Royal Jubilee event, nothing is said.  On the contrary, from all I've heard & read, this additional / extended Bank Holiday has actually been great for a number of  business sectors & been a shot in the arm for the UK economy in general. 

Well it can't be both detrimental & a boost to the economy can it? 

To be fair.   I don't think normal bank holidays bring in mass numbers of people from around the world,  huge amounts of Media crews nor draw attention to the Country on the world stage in quite the same way do they..

17 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

To be fair.   I don't think normal bank holidays bring in mass numbers of people from around the world,  huge amounts of Media crews nor draw attention to the Country on the world stage in quite the same way do they..

Well let's keep the long weekend before or after the Trooping of the Colour as a Bank Holiday or have something akin to the French's Bastille Day? 

Edited by Baron99