Struggling musician seeks advice

Hi, what kind of music do you play? If its solo folk/country you would be best off trying The Dog & Partridge on Trippet Lane, possibly The Boardwalk and a few of the Irish places around town. Other venues worth trying are The Grapes (Trippet Lane), DNR Live (under the Boardwalk), The Cricketers Arms on Bramall Lane. It all depends on what kind of music you do. Hope that helps.

My repertoire includes maybe thirty of my own tunes, but I've written more. I know another thirty odd covers, maybe more.

A lot of Dylan, The Band, The Grateful Dead, a Neil Young, some Mississippi John Hurt, Jesse Fuller, Gene Clark, The Byrds, Woody Guthrie, bit of Bob Marley, one Beatles tune and some traditional tunes. There's probably a few I've forgotten to mention. Bit of guitar, country-style and some harmonica to accompany. Oh, I do Folsom Prison Blues and some Creedence too.

Does it have to be cheesy to do a workingmen's club?

Archived