Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

24 minutes ago, ewanarm said:

Has been confirmed that development has been delayed because Yorkshire Water were not consulted about the possible impact of building over one of the biggest sewers in Sheffield.

I was going to say unbelievable but I won’t cos it’s not  😠

Walking down Fargate today towards the High St., I noticed on one of the bordered up shops, (probably been there a while but I've never clocked them before), large photos of what Fargate is possibly going to look like at some future point.

Presumably it's SCC that's going to be responsible for the refurbishment but right down the middle of Fargate, large sections of the cobblestones are going to be removed & planting, similar to that on Snig Hill under the 'Grey to green' scheme is going to take place. 

I must say that if the reality is similar to the photos it would make Fargate a much more pleasant place. 

I can’t image that the independent businesses who had signed up to be part of the development will be very happy! Get Wurst (German street food), Yoki (Korean street food), Re-Owned (pre-owned clothing store) and Urban Pizza Co (pizzas). This will have really messed up their plans for the summer!

The Wurst guys left their premises on Abbeydale Rd too (which they shared with the Two Thirds pub), luckily they are being kept busy with lots of summer festivals and markets. Shambles all round.

Edited by HeHasRisen

13 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Disgraceful that scc failed to locate the public sewer and the potential consequences 

no defence to say that was not necessary as it’s only temporary works

absolute incompetence once again and someone should be sacked?

Normal for our wonderful City Council.

On 03/06/2022 at 13:09, HeHasRisen said:

Sounds like they have a fair few of these traders line up? One of them is even leaving a successful premises on Abbeydale Rd.  Worth a go, sorry to be the sole voice of positivity.

Are you still positive about this ?