Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

17 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Wow! :o

Is that REALLY what they teach people at SCC these days?

A waste of funds by SCC (no matter where they've come from) is not anything for anyone to worry about!

Thank You for your honesty - I'm done! :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@Mr Bloke- I don't think ECCOnoob has worked for the Council, but he is beginning to sound like a very quiet individual who did.

I  do not and never have worked for the council.  

A look back on some of the other threads will show that I am certainly not some default cheerleader for them. There are lots of things I  criticise them for.  However, on this particular issue I really do not see what all the fuss is about. I really do not agree with this endless criticism and mockery about a minor delay to a project.  

I just read the newspaper articles, I read documents on the publicly available planning portal, I take an interest in things that happening and have practical knowledge of the realities that are involved in organising, planning, legislating and executing construction projects involving multiple parties.  What has happened in this project is totally commonplace and I really don't see what major 'incompetence' the council has done as others seem to be portraying.

Said before and I'll say again, all just seems like a simplistic excuse to do a bit of council bashing.

• Like 1

They are made out of a special steel called Corten . This steel 'rusts' to form a protective surface coating which prevents further rusting underneath. The surface rusting is considered to be a decorative feature and can be seen on building projects and other structures all over the place, for example....The Angel of the North, many buildings on Grand Designs on TV, fencing, gates, the statues on Formby beach. When painted properly the paint should last well, these containers are designed to survive maritime conditions.....should survive in Fargate for a bit. 

So now being reported by the Star that one of the units being offered rent free three days before opening as another one of the businesses has pulled out. Apparently 4 of the original 6 have pulled out and been replaced. The whole thing is just a complete farce! Due to open on 17th October with bars, restaurants and shops. There are only 6 units and they are going to be food outlets not restaurants and the bar doesn't open until 28th October. It's all too little too late. 

Well its not Get Wurst, unless they have read the stream of negativity about the containers (and oddly enough, bus cuts, because of course thats the fault of a German food company) since they posted on Facebook 2 days ago.

Edited by HeHasRisen