Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

Guest makapaka
On 24/06/2022 at 22:14, MJ01 said:

It's in the drainage run off apparently, one of the contractors told me it's the worst she's ever seen  

On 24/06/2022 at 22:21, hackey lad said:

Ok thanks , although I’m very sceptical as all that paving is pretty modern 

You wouldn’t necessarily replace all the drainage whilst repaving though - so it’s perfectly plausible.

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You wouldn’t necessarily replace all the drainage whilst repaving though - so it’s perfectly plausible.

You could and a lot of it would be exposed when they prepared the base 

Edited by hackey lad

Guest makapaka
42 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You could and a lot of it would be exposed when they prepared the base 

Would it? I don’t know.  Depends how deep the drainage is?

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Would it? I don’t know.  Depends how deep the drainage is?

Drainage run off is not very deep . The only thing I can think of is that it’s the old pipe work for the old Goodwin Fountain but surely our great council sorted that out when they demolished it. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Drainage run off is not very deep . The only thing I can think of is that it’s the old pipe work for the old Goodwin Fountain but surely our great council sorted that out when they demolished it. 

It would depend on the fall tho wouldn’t it?

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Fargate is on a hill .  But we are guessing. Surprised there has been no news on this . Was supposed to be opening last week, then tomorrow but no news 

It will probably open at the same time as the Christmas “market” and someone will pretend that was always the plan…

The asbesto thing is a total red herring.

A surveyor was there today .

The point of conflict is a sewer runs under the site, the inspection chamber is about 20 feet away on Leopold street.

Yorkshire water are worried  about the foundations or lack of for the shipping containers.

As it's currently set up looks like the foundations are small  frames of 4 by 2 timber

Surely it has to open at some point and that £300,000 initial budget that had blown up to £420,000 will jump a little higher

Edited by butlers
More accurate than my initial post

I have seen at festivals and other one off events a waste pipe discharged into a inspection chamber with temporary cover fitted.

I can't see any inspection chamber  on the paving so that implies one needs digging and the hefty connection fee paying 

Presumably this project has been in the pipeline since last year ..seems a hell of an oversight