Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

Just now, Ashcroft said:

I went for a walk yesterday evening around Neepsend where the quiet old buildings are and was amazed by the bars and pubs there now and this container park that was booming with people. https://steelyardinc.com/steel-yard-kelham/ You probably know this already but I was surprised.

No no no mate. Container parks are rubbish ideas that never work anywhere, the old fogeys on here who want the steel works and slums back said so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ashcroft said:

I went for a walk yesterday evening around Neepsend where the quiet old buildings are and was amazed by the bars and pubs there now and this container park that was booming with people. https://steelyardinc.com/steel-yard-kelham/ You probably know this already but I was surprised.

Better than noisy old buildings Eh.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no mate. Container parks are rubbish ideas that never work anywhere, the old fogeys on here who want the steel works and slums back said so.

What was actually said about the abject failure that was in Fargate was that it was badly sited, badly planned and very badly executed. These container parks can, and do, work well when properly organised.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

What was actually said about the abject failure that was in Fargate was that it was badly sited, badly planned and very badly executed. These container parks can, and do, work well when properly organised.

I agree. Some forum members clearly hate the very idea of them regardless of where they are though, that was evident from this thread.

And no, I wont be going through the thread to pick out said posts.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree. Some forum members clearly hate the very idea of them regardless of where they are though, that was evident from this thread.

And no, I wont be going through the thread to pick out said posts.

Fair enough. FWIW, I am not amongst them, in fact I think they are a fairly good idea - providing they are not 'organised' as Fargate was.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 13:02, RollingJ said:

Fair enough. FWIW, I am not amongst them, in fact I think they are a fairly good idea - providing they are not 'organised' as Fargate was.

True, you only have to go to York and look at Spark up there. very successful and bang in the centre of the city. 

the success of that only shows how badly Sheffield executed the concept.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 12:46, hackey lad said:

Who said that ?

He won't tell you because no one said that at all and he just made it up.

HHR claimed "Container parks are rubbish ideas that never work anywhere, the old fogeys on here who want the steel works and slums back said so".

He's a liar

Edited by Organgrinder

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

He won't tell you because no one said that at all and he just made it up.

HHR claimed "Container parks are rubbish ideas that never work anywhere, the old fogeys on here who want the steel works and slums back said so".

He's a liar

I thought you were never engaging with me again! Liar.

Its not even sport anymore, I am firmly under his skin.

Edited by HeHasRisen

9 hours ago, sheffbag said:

True, you only have to go to York and look at Spark up there. very successful and bang in the centre of the city. 

the success of that only shows how badly Sheffield executed the concept.

Visit an ugly metal skip selling burgers, or York Minster,, difficult choice.

A burger van outside a football ground is successful, it's not a visitor attraction.

It always was a silly idea, and bound to be a complete waste of money, no excuses, no hindsight.

Edited by fools
  • Like 2