Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I'm not the one is criticising others efforts, so not really relevant whether I make a contribution or not.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well judging by the expertise shown once again by SCC in planning and managing what should have been a really straightforward project...

... maybe you should? :roll:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Well judging by the expertise shown once again by SCC in planning and managing what should have been a really straightforward project...

... maybe you should? :roll:

Without knowing the detail of the timelines and objections of Yorkshire Water, and whether they had opportunity to comment on the proposed design prior to planning approval, then I'm in no position to criticise objectively.

Perhaps you are able to share details or any documentation of the above, then we can provide more constructive criticism.

11 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Without knowing the detail of the timelines and objections of Yorkshire Water, and whether they had opportunity to comment on the proposed design prior to planning approval, then I'm in no position to criticise objectively.

Perhaps you are able to share details or any documentation of the above, then we can provide more constructive criticism.

They were not consulted as SCC said in one of the links provided earlier in the topic they didn't 'need to be' - no I'm not going to look for it.

59 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They were not consulted as SCC said in one of the links provided earlier in the topic they didn't 'need to be' - no I'm not going to look for it.

The only links I can find have no such comment from SCC, the links I can find are from the Star, without any attributable quote.

11 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

The only links I can find have no such comment from SCC, the links I can find are from the Star, without any attributable quote.

Post #126 contains an attributed quote from an SCC councillor, but unfortunately the one I saw where they (same individual) said something to the effect of 'YW were not on the list of interested party's, so we didn't bother asking them' seems to have been removed. That was also a link from 'The Star'.

23 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/plans-for-huge-shipping-container-complex-with-big-screen-on-sheffields-fargate-faces-problem-over-flooding-fears-3753734

Councillor Mazher Iqbal, co-chair of the transport, regeneration and climate policy committee at the council, said the authority had now submitted alternative plans to Yorkshire Water that allow access to the main sewer and he hopes any issues can be rectified as soon as possible so the development can go ahead.
He said: “We are aware of concerns raised by Yorkshire Water regarding the installation of the Fargate containers.
“We are discussing options with Yorkshire Water for moving forward as planned with the construction. As this is a temporary structure Yorkshire Water are not a statutory consultee therefore concerns have only been raised at this late point.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Thanks for that, @MrBloke. As an aside, there was a post quoting said councillor saying they 'didn't need to ask YW', but it and a number of replies (including one from me) appear to have been removed, no doubt because 'someone' didn't like our wonderful City Council to be shown as incompetent.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks for that, @MrBloke. As an aside, there was a post quoting said councillor saying they 'didn't need to ask YW', but it and a number of replies (including one from me) appear to have been removed, no doubt because 'someone' didn't like our wonderful City Council to be shown as incompetent.

This is the thing I don't get...

As an example and in true SF tradition, it's perfectly acceptable to criticise a 'prospective' PM candidate based on what 'we think' they 'may' do 'should' they get the job...

... but we mustn't criticise SCC, but instead we should make excuses for them, even though they've once again proven themselves to be a load of incompetents who seem to have little clue on how to manage anything.

But it's all glossed over and forgiven by many on here because they happen to wear to same coloured rosette... :roll:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

This is the thing I don't get...

As an example and in true SF tradition, it's perfectly acceptable to criticise a 'prospective' PM candidate based on what 'we think' they 'may' do 'should' they get the job...

... but we mustn't criticise SCC, but instead we should make excuses for them, even though they've once again proven themselves to be a load of incompetents who seem to have little clue on how to manage anything.

But it's all glossed over and forgiven by many on here because they happen to wear to same coloured rosette... :roll:

Totally agree. And I wonder which council groveller reported those posts?

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to sign up to 'The Star', I would go and find the article and repost it.

56 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

So the problem lies with the process, there is no statutory requirement where temporary structures are concerned. Seems like SCC followed the required process but the process itself has bee inadequate in this case.

35 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Totally agree. And I wonder which council groveller reported those posts?

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to sign up to 'The Star', I would go and find the article and repost it.

Not me, that's for sure.