Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

Just now, RollingJ said:

There is a very good reason why those industries (and others) work to strict procedures - they are safety critical to a  high degree - council planning doesn't come anywhere near.

Not suggesting otherwise. Merely refuting the point made that by following procedures suggests lack of qualification or interest.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Do the Council have no one capable of planning some cabins correctly ?

They have someone capable of doing all the checks required to site a temporary structure. If those checks are not adequate then we should review the procedures.

That's what I would expect to happen in a professional environment. That's what would happen in the types of organisation I work in.

What would have happened in the professional workplaces you have been employed in?

Just now, LovePotion said:

They have funding for a planning team so you'd atleast expect them to do the planning competently.

Do they have sufficient funding to have enough people to cover the workload adequately?

You don't think 12 years of Tory budget cuts will have impacted that?

3 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

They have someone capable of doing all the checks required to site a temporary structure. If those checks are not adequate then we should review the procedures.

That's what I would expect to happen in a professional environment. That's what would happen in the types of organisation I work in.

What would have happened in the professional workplaces you have been employed in?

Do they have sufficient funding to have enough people to cover the workload adequately?

You don't think 12 years of Tory budget cuts will have impacted that?

So first its the Tories fault , then its a problem with procedures . What next , the weather ? 

Just now, hackey lad said:

So first its the Tories fault , then its a problem with procedures . What next , the weather ? 

I'm sure even you can understand that cash strapped council departments will be stretched. And those self same departments don't have all the time in the world to think about what might be nice to do, rather they will do what they have to do and move onto the next thing.

Maybe that's what's happened here, who knows.

No different to what is happening in social services, caused by budget cuts, overworked staff not having time to do the job they want to do.

What did you expect when you voted for a Tory government that has overseen huge reductions in LA funding? An entirely foreseeable outcome that you voted for.

4 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

I'm sure even you can understand that cash strapped council departments will be stretched. And those self same departments don't have all the time in the world to think about what might be nice to do, rather they will do what they have to do and move onto the next thing.

Maybe that's what's happened here, who knows.

No different to what is happening in social services, caused by budget cuts, overworked staff not having time to do the job they want to do.

What did you expect when you voted for a Tory government that has overseen huge reductions in LA funding? An entirely foreseeable outcome that you voted for.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well clearly, you believe that you are the only person who does! :roll:

8 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well clearly, you believe that you are the only person who does! :roll:

Nope. Just not sniping at people who are doing their jobs as they are supposed to, likely time and resource limited, and not having the benefit of hindsight to tell them to consult YW when there was no requirement for them to do so in the first place.

But if it makes you feel better to do so, you carry on, I'll look forward to having a drink there when it's opened.