Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

Guest makapaka
19 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

The one at the end of Norfolk Row is particularly ugly, and against a nice backdrop.

They are all awful - and the worst thing is there are loads of street furniture products available now that do the same job and are much more attractive.

Needs sorting out.

The Stack In Newcastle built with containers has now closed and I miss it. However the council is looking at where to build another after the success of the first Stack.  Walking past the small independent shops, hairdressers, bars and places to eat on my way home I use to love the vibrant atmosphere especially when it reopened after those awful lockdowns.

Yesterday I went walking on the seafront with friends at Seaburn, its 20 minutes on the metro from Newcastle where there is also a Stack next to the seafront.  It’s not as big as the one in Newcastle but it was full of life. There was entertainment for children and once more there was a nice atmosphere so I think you need to give Sheffield council a chance.

I don’t think the containers look bad once they have been spruced up. When I look at some of the ugly concrete buildings that were built in the 60s in Newcastle these containers are a vast improvement.

https://stackseaburn.com

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

Delayed again.

Council chiefs have gone quiet on an opening date for Sheffield’s Container Park - but a worker said it would be ‘another month’.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/container-park-sheffield-opening-of-delayed-project-on-fargate-will-be-another-month-3823454

And this is the council that wants to host the Eurovision?

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Delayed again.

Council chiefs have gone quiet on an opening date for Sheffield’s Container Park - but a worker said it would be ‘another month’.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/container-park-sheffield-opening-of-delayed-project-on-fargate-will-be-another-month-3823454

And this is the council that wants to host the Eurovision?

Stop it now, it’s not the council’s fault 😂😂

26 minutes ago, ewanarm said:

Walked past today, not much happening, a couple of workmen standing about but not much progress. The big flower pots are now full of earth but no plants yet!

Been like that for weeks , maybe they are waiting for winter planting . I reckon the cabins will be ready in at least another month . Not bad for a June opening 😂😂😂