Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Where is exactly is the incompetence here???

They are bringing a project to try to restore some life to an area which is obviously slowing down.

They are bringing a project which will bring an opportunity to small businesses into a part of town they would usually be out priced from.

Yes the project got delayed because of an intervention from Yorkshire Water but so what?  It hardly some great scandal. Projects get changed or delayed or adjusted all the time.  How do you know all the fault is on the council?   I don't think you have a clue as to the layers of people involved in such development.

Yes they installed some plant pot barriers which some people find distasteful. But so what? the council is never going to be able to be pleasing every single person all the time are they?

Like I said, some people just willing it to fail. Just looking for lame excuses to have a moan. Just load of old farts who seemingly cant embrace changes and want everything back the way it used to be.

Hmmm... :huh:

And some people on here are always going to support SCC and are prepared to overlook or find excuses for their failings no matter how incompetent they prove themselves to be...

... for the simple reason that those people actually work for or have relatives or friends who work for SCC, although they'll deny it on here!

So of course they want people to think that SCC are doing a good job...

... they know themselves what it's really like but are obviously not going to publically admit it! :roll:

54 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

They are bringing a project to try to restore some life to an area which is obviously slowing down.

They are bringing a project which will bring an opportunity to small businesses into a part of town they would usually be out priced from.

Yes the project got delayed because of an intervention from Yorkshire Water but so what?  It hardly some great scandal. Projects get changed or delayed or adjusted all the time.  How do you know all the fault is on the council?   I don't think you have a clue as to the layers of people involved in such development.

Yes they installed some plant pot barriers which some people find distasteful. But so what? the council is never going to be able to be pleasing every single person all the time are they?

Like I said, some people just willing it to fail. Just looking for lame excuses to have a moan. Just load of old farts who seemingly cant embrace changes and want everything back the way it used to be.

:banana::banana::banana: Everything’s fine . This council are brilliant  . June opening, forget it , someone else’s fault . Come and celebrate   :banana:

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Bring back the Hole In The Road! Castle Market! Redgates! Cole Brothers! The Limit! Etc....

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:banana::banana::banana: Everything’s fine . This council are brilliant  . June opening, forget it , someone else’s fault . Come and celebrate   :banana:

It would be interesting to hear from anyone connected to one of the small businesses who've been kept waiting since June for their 'opportunity' to be part of this innovative scheme.

How has it affected their business plans to be kept hanging about until this latest vanity project is completed?

Don't suppose anyone at SCC really cares... :roll:

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

It would be interesting to hear from anyone connected to one of the small businesses who've been kept waiting since June for their 'opportunity' to be part of this innovative scheme.

How has it affected their business plans to be kept hanging about until this latest vanity project is completed?

I know one of them ended up doing a load of summer markets and then got a temporary residency at somewhere on Division St, after leaving their premises on Abbeydale Rd in May thinking they would be in situ 3 weeks later. 

A bit of a farce. 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bring back the Hole In The Road! Castle Market! Redgates! Cole Brothers! The Limit! Etc....

Which poster has said that ?

4 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I mentioned it before , one business closed a thriving shop to move  into the portakabins in June . Bet the council have compensated them on the quiet 

17 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

And some people on here are always going to support SCC and are prepared to overlook or find excuses for their failings no matter how incompetent they prove themselves to be...

... for the simple reason that those people actually work for or have relatives or friends who work for SCC, although they'll deny it on here!

So of course they want people to think that SCC are doing a good job...

... they know themselves what it's really like but are obviously not going to publically admit it! :roll:

Genuine question.

What is SCC role in the project? Are they the client? Are they the contractor?

From what I can see online Steelyard Kelham are involved, but it's unclear in what role, presumably operator, but are they the client?

3 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Genuine question.

What is SCC role in the project? Are they the client? Are they the contractor?

From what I can see online Steelyard Kelham are involved, but it's unclear in what role, presumably operator, but are they the client?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You tell us!

You're the one with the 'connections'... :roll: