Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You tell us!

You're the one with the 'connections'... :roll:

I assumed you would know, having slated the council on here.

Seems not, just uninformed ranting.

What connections? I'm a contractor in industrial engineering, my only connection to the council is paying my council tax.

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

I assumed you would know, having slated the council on here.

Seems not, just uninformed ranting.

What connections? I'm a contractor in industrial engineering, my only connection to the council is paying my council tax.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yep...Just like I said in post #401! :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Genuine question.

What is SCC role in the project? Are they the client? Are they the contractor?

From what I can see online Steelyard Kelham are involved, but it's unclear in what role, presumably operator, but are they the client?

Deflection 

31 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

So you have no answer to the question of who owns it, who's building it?

As for working for the council, they couldn't afford my rate.

Oh dear! :(

The Sheffield public don't care who owns it or who's building it!

They see it as a project undertaken by SCC.

They can only judge SCC on the results they see, not the processes involved behind closed doors.

When the public are made a promise by SCC that 'something' new is going to happen, they expect that promise to be met...
... when that promise inevitably fails to materialise on time, then who are the public going to blame?

So for whatever reason, that's down to bad project management by SCC and setting people's expectations correctly.

And all this rubbish on here about does it really matter that it's only a few months late...
... well maybe that's a question to ask 4 of the original 6 businesses who've apparently pulled out of the project.

Were they expected to sit about kicking their heels while SCC got their act together?

The whole point was supposed to be to help local businesses - let's just hope this has not had the reverse effect on the 4 businesses involved!

But none of that really matters to SCC because they've already got other businesses lined up to take their place - so no problem there then!

And then there's those on here who put up the deflection that those who are complaining don't want to see change...
... but that's just another excuse to quieten anyone of a differing opinion.

For what it's worth, I happen to think the idea is a good one in principle...
... but having a 'good idea' is the easy bit.

It's when it comes to delivering those ideas to the public's expectations, on time and within budget that SCC seem to be lacking once again.

Right, I'm off to sit on my hands for a few hours... :hihi:

• Thanks 1

As far as I understand it, the development client is Sheffield City Council who have then leased the space to the 6 businesses. The contractor is Steelyard Kelham who have made a great success of a similar container development down at Shalesmoor.

I am not against change and new development I just question the location as not in keeping with the surroundings and also the enthusiasm of the council that this development is going to save Fargate! This project has been delayed and the blame has to be directed towards the council who initiated the scheme in the first place. Hopefully when it does open they can recoup some of the £446000 it has cost!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Deflection 

How so?

If it's a commercial project undertaken by a commercial party, what powers do SCC have to intervene to expedite progress?

If it's a project where SCC is the client, then they may have some leverage to move things along, but that would depend entirely on the form of contract.

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Oh dear! :(

The Sheffield public don't care who owns it or who's building it!

They see it as a project undertaken by SCC.

They can only judge SCC on the results they see, not the processes involved behind closed doors.

When the public are made a promise by SCC that 'something' new is going to happen, they expect that promise to be met...
... when that promise inevitably fails to materialise on time, then who are the public going to blame?

So for whatever reason, that's down to bad project management by SCC and setting people's expectations correctly.

And all this rubbish on here about does it really matter that it's only a few months late...
... well maybe that's a question to ask 4 of the original 6 businesses who've apparently pulled out of the project.

Were they expected to sit about kicking their heels while SCC got their act together?

The whole point was supposed to be to help local businesses - let's just hope this has not had the reverse effect on the 4 businesses involved!

But none of that really matters to SCC because they've already got other businesses lined up to take their place - so no problem there then!

And then there's those on here who put up the deflection that those who are complaining don't want to see change...
... but that's just another excuse to quieten anyone of a differing opinion.

For what it's worth, I happen to think the idea is a good one in principle...
... but having a 'good idea' is the easy bit.

It's when it comes to delivering those ideas to the public's expectations, on time and within budget that SCC seem to be lacking once again.

Right, I'm off to sit on my hands for a few hours... :hihi:

So you do know who is managing these works.

But chose to try to avoid answering genuine questions by suggesting those who ask them are employed by SCC.

Edited by Bargepole23