Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well its not Get Wurst, unless they have read the stream of negativity about the containers (and oddly enough, bus cuts, because of course thats the fault of a German food company) since they posted on Facebook 2 days ago.

Hmmm... :huh:

Just to make this perfectly clear, Mr Risen...

... no-one on here is blaming any of the businesses involved for this shambles!

On the contrary, they have most people's sympathy for how they've been messed around... :roll:

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Just to make this perfectly clear, Mr Risen...

... no-one on here is blaming any of the businesses involved for this shambles!

On the contrary, they have most people's sympathy for how they've been messed around... :roll:

I didnt say that. On their last FB post over 80 people have piled in to have a moan about various things, including bus cuts. Its all a bit odd. 

30 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I didnt say that. On their last FB post over 80 people have piled in to have a moan about various things, including bus cuts. Its all a bit odd. 

What in hells name have the bus 'cuts' got to do with the container park - the intelligence of some people leaves a great deal to be desired.

• Like 1

Aye someone on there moaning about a council house repair too 🤣🤣

Hmm. Oddly enough just looked again and the entire post has now been deleted 😳

Maybe they are the ones who have pulled out then 😳

Well if its the irrelevant mass negativity thats made them do it then thats ridiculous.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

going to blackpool gave me a clue how they came up with this whole idea ,they have copied truck stops that use containers for big breakfasts on the side of remote roads used by the truck lads,so some may be doing all day breakfasts,the whole idea does not work there .blocking the view down fargate,not a good idea

10 minutes ago, bassett one said:

going to blackpool gave me a clue how they came up with this whole idea ,they have copied truck stops that use containers for big breakfasts on the side of remote roads used by the truck lads,so some may be doing all day breakfasts,the whole idea does not work there .blocking the view down fargate,not a good idea

No they havent, they have copied other cities such as London who have had container parks for years.  

Richard Eyre, Director of Streetscene and Regulations, has issued a statement after learning that the Fargate containers will not be opening on Monday, October 17, as expected.

He said: “I’m extremely disappointed to announce the container park on Fargate will not be opening on Monday as hoped. Unfortunately, our building control teams are awaiting technical information from the operator. Until the outstanding information is received the container park cannot open. This information is national legislation needed for any building and the operator is legally required to provide it before the attraction can be opened to the public.

"I know many people have been looking forward to heading down, trying out the food and browsing the independent shops. We are equally as disappointed as many others will be. The structure is built and ready to go and we are really looking forward to welcoming people through the doors. There are some fantastic local independent traders lined up to showcase their businesses and I am certain once open the container park will be one of Sheffield’s top spots.”

For info

• The Building Control team awaits technical information from the operator.

• This is national legislation.

• Once this information is received the container park can open.

• Sheffield City Council has no control over the operator providing the documents but has been assisting the operator wherever possible.

• All the businesses affected have been informed. 

Sheffield City Council is doing all it can to help the operator get ready to open the doors and showcase some of the amazing local independent traders inside. Once the documents are received an opening date will be agreed. An update will be provided as soon as possible

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Martin C said:

Richard Eyre, Director of Streetscene and Regulations, has issued a statement after learning that the Fargate containers will not be opening on Monday, October 17, as expected.

He said: “I’m extremely disappointed to announce the container park on Fargate will not be opening on Monday as hoped. Unfortunately, our building control teams are awaiting technical information from the operator. Until the outstanding information is received the container park cannot open. This information is national legislation needed for any building and the operator is legally required to provide it before the attraction can be opened to the public.

"I know many people have been looking forward to heading down, trying out the food and browsing the independent shops. We are equally as disappointed as many others will be. The structure is built and ready to go and we are really looking forward to welcoming people through the doors. There are some fantastic local independent traders lined up to showcase their businesses and I am certain once open the container park will be one of Sheffield’s top spots.”

For info

• Sheffield City Council has no control over the operator providing the documents but has been assisting the operator wherever possible.

Sheffield City Council is doing all it can to help the operator get ready to open the doors and showcase some of the amazing local independent traders inside. Once the documents are received an opening date will be agreed. An update will be provided as soon as possible

More good news 😀

38 minutes ago, Martin C said:

For info

There's nowt to worry abaht!

We've already been informed by one of our 'Forum Experts' that:

What has happened in this project is totally commonplace and I really don't see what major 'incompetence' the council has done as others seem to be portraying.
Said before and I'll say again, all just seems like a simplistic excuse to do a bit of council bashing.

So if everyone could just leave off blaming the council now please and turn their attention to blaming the operator as SCC would clearly like us to.

SCC have said it's nowt to do wi them and we should all believe 'em!

Let's just allow everyone to continue doing such an excellent job to the best of their abilities... Thank you! :hihi:

• Haha 1