Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

An entire article on the say so of one person, utter garbage journalism.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Absolute and total fiasco, from start to finish.

You think that article is accurate? If its only opening for 8 weeks I will eat my own faeces. Thats how confident I am its a load of crap.

Except that it will shut 'early in 2023' if they are going to redevelop Fargate, as we know they are supposed to be doing

No sane business would agree to only an 8 week trade surely.

I stand by my comments on the last page, its the Sheffield Star ffs.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I stand by my comments on the last page, its the Sheffield Star ffs.

Well, even if it is 18 weeks until they start the revamp, that still doesn't give them much trading time - AND it is in the worst period of the year (excluding the 'Christmas rush')  - so still bad planning/organisation, as has been said before.

Well, even if it is 18 weeks until they start the revamp, that still doesn't give them much trading time - AND it is in the worst period of the year (excluding the 'Christmas rush')  - so still bad planning/organisation, as has been said before.

Oh of course. 

Was the usual 'log cabin' bar thingy on this spot last christmas, or had they moved it to the Peace Gardens? I can't remember? 

Tha's one sticking point. The potential connection sheffield proposals for the public street realm are still in the consultation and planning stages - unlikely they'll be happening any time before the middle of next year, I'd say.

16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No sane business would turn down a rent free spot in the middle of a major city in the 2 month run-up to Christmas.

Burger van without wheels

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Pardon.

I wonder if you were so distrustful of the reports on this when Shafiq was bigging it up - in the same paper?

My opinion has always been this is a decent idea based on other cities that have them, obviously he was always going to "big it up". The execution of it, however, has been a total farce.

Just now, fools said:

No sane business would turn down a rent free spot in the middle of a major city in the 2 months run up to Christmas.

They wouldnt, but we dont know if they are getting it "rent free".