Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

1 hour ago, fools said:

"So if you’re looking to start up your business and would love a unique space that measures 2.4m x 3.8m with full glass frontage and neighbours JamArtwork and Heist Brewery then drop me an email urgently.

And to make it even easier and less stressful we're offering it rent free."

But are they only offering them rent free to skirt their obligations under the HSE as a commercial landlord?  Responsibilities such as adequate washroom facilities?

43 minutes ago, Resident said:

But are they only offering them rent free to skirt their obligations under the HSE as a commercial landlord?  Responsibilities such as adequate washroom facilities?

As far as I can see, the only one being offered rent free is the one where the original tenant pulled out at short notice.

Nobody knows if the other 4/5 are paying rent or not.

Edited by HeHasRisen

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

As far as I can see, the only one being offered rent free is the one where the original tenant pulled out at short notice.

Nobody knows if the other 4/5 are paying rent or not.

Thought it was rent free for the three days up to the supposed opening 

At first I was told that it would get a very large TV screen. This is no bad idea but looking at it yesterday was not impressed by the size of it and was rather concerned that it was pulled back right in the alleyway of these containers. This would make it difficult for people to watch it and if a good world cup game would be shown people would need to stand in some sort of line to watch it on that screen.

1 hour ago, dutch said:

At first I was told that it would get a very large TV screen. This is no bad idea but looking at it yesterday was not impressed by the size of it and was rather concerned that it was pulled back right in the alleyway of these containers. This would make it difficult for people to watch it and if a good world cup game would be shown people would need to stand in some sort of line to watch it on that screen.

Oh dear! :(

There's just no pleasing some folk on here, is there?

Let's just hope they've remembered to buy a TV licence... :hihi:

• Haha 2

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, dutch said:

People would go into the City to watch TV? Surely people now all have one of their own, it not like the 50's anymore where we had to share.

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

People would go into the City to watch TV? Surely people now all have one of their own, it not like the 50's anymore where we had to share.

Never mind TV. I go to leeds for shopping now. Anyone with smartphone and decent data contract can watch tv on their phone.

This screen was a big point of justifying these ugly containers and seeing where it is positioned do not see the point of it.

We have a big tv in our house. At first it was ok sitting on our old tv cabinet. Then we bought a bigger cabinet and top left corner view was clipped by the fireplace. Then got bigger couches and even more was of screen view was blocked from my usual place and had to move the place I sit and watch tv.

These containers do not allow much room or space to view that screen properly if it were to be ever switched on. 

Unlike the 50's, people today who cannot afford the current gas prices will now have to sit together in public places to keep warm. It would have been much better and cheaper if council supplied an ordinary tv for them this winter.