Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

54 minutes ago, makapaka said:

This talks about how the issue seems to have evolved - for information.

https://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/documents/s46262/Pinstone Street.pdf

I don’t know so not stating as fact but I would guess  they were given funding for the initial closure due to covid and then on the decision to make it permanent have looked at alternative funding.

Any comment on this debacle ?

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

No , I was asking makapaka , he seemed to be the one taking it off topic :thumbsup:

I wasn’t taking it off topic - someone said the funding for it was from misappropriated funds?

Guest makapaka
40 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well as a previous supporter of the  Portakabins , I thought you might have a few thoughts yourself 

I haven’t been overly supportive - I said it looks like fort apache blocking off fargate - would have been better off further down the road.

anyway - anything in that area is a positive for me it’s shocking what’s happened to fargate

9 hours ago, Resident said:

Pinstone Stree Closure for one. 

Initially claimed the closure was paid for by emergency covid funds to enable social distancing measures.  When measures were relaxed and everyone expected Pinstone St to reopen SCC then claimed it was closed under and paid for by the Active Travel scheme. 

Both cannot be true therefore one is a lie and funds are unaccounted for......

Governments are prone to announcing funding multiple times, making it appear that there’s more funding than there actually is.

If I remember correctly, the “emergency” funding for social distancing measures was later added into another Active Travel funding allocation.

Nothing to do with misappropriation, just government trying to make things look bigger than they really are. 

On 22/10/2022 at 19:18, fools said:

We are now told it will last more than two months, because it's going to move around ... to other areas crying out for it. No mention of the cost.

Taxes hurting yet?

On 22/10/2022 at 20:12, Mr Bloke said:

Well, well, well!

So it seems that the plans are now to move these containers around Sheffield?

Whoever would have thought it? :roll:

We were told all along that it was to attract people back to Fargate...

... but even back at the beginning of June, some of us knew better! :thumbsup:

But no-one listens to me... :hihi:

Hmm... disastrous though the installation of these has been, I'm pretty sure it was always the intention that these would be touring Sheffield over time. I'll have to do some digging, but I'm pretty sure it was always planned to move on to other places after it's stint in Fargate was over, and that was public knowledge.

Edited by AndrewC