Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Fargate is on its knees? The entire city centre is on its knees so far as

the majority of residents are concerned 

cause? Mainly due to the inadequacy of council and their officers being totally unable to run a proverbial booze up in a brewery

the fact that a vocal minority shout out about what they see as great and good should matter not one jot

too late was the cry …. Oh one minute some bloke in lippy will arrive shortly he says and save the world ….. fat chance I despair

The moor isn’t it’s packed - but it’s killed off fargate.

there isn’t enough capacity in sheffield for two large shopping streets cos of Meadowhall. So the moor has drawn from fargate - the change in use of fargate that they are planning makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Do you have faith in them delivering this "masterplan " for Fargate ?

Yes. The city centre is full of investment at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The moor isn’t it’s packed - but it’s killed off fargate.

there isn’t enough capacity in sheffield for two large shopping streets cos of Meadowhall. So the moor has drawn from fargate - the change in use of fargate that they are planning makes sense to me.

Yes. The city centre is full of investment at the moment. 

Not talking about investment, talking about delivering 

I've not been paying much attention to this thread, but what I have noticed is that the council have not favoured very well.

Then I noticed this Eddie Izzard standing to be an MP.

So my Daughter (jokingly) suggested I stand for the leader of the Council.

My initial reaction was predictable, why should I give up lounging all day on my Sofa, and spending the evenings serving my customers at "Padders Bar"

However, since that moment of shock and awe, I've given the matter some serious thought,and I've decided that actually, I'd rather like to give it a shot.

I mean how hard can it be?

As far as I can tell, the job of running the Council is no harder than being a lift attendant.

On my first day I'd instruct all my people to get rid of the bus lanes, then I'd sell all the buses to somewhere like Los Angeles, then I'd go to Mc'donalds for lunch.

On Tuesday I'd look out of my window and marvel at how the traffic was moving smoothly, and then go to Weatherspoons for lunch.

In the afternoon I'd have a nap.

Wednesday I'd put the Mayoral eco-car on eBay and buy a Range Rover.

Thursday I'd spend all day thumbing through the "Observers book of Despots" seeing which swivel-eyed looney I could invite for lunch.

Friday I'd have a look at introducing a congestion charge, I've thought about this and decided  there'd be a charge of £50 a day for all cars, which would keep tatty rubbish out of the City Centre, and £500 a day for Bicycles.

Implementing all this would take, what, 15minutes, which means that by the weekend I'd be a bit stumped for something to do.

Maybe I'd call the police, who would be under my command, and tell them to catch some burglars.

And I'd pass a law banning people from entering the Sheffield Marathon wearing Diving suits or Chicken outfits.

This kind of thing is acceptable at provincial Fancy-Dress parties, but if your outfit prevents you from finishing the race within 6 hours, don't come crying to me if your mowed down by a Range Rover.

In the second week I'd sell all the Mayoral offices of to a property developer, sack all the staff, sack myself, because, when you think about it, the council is a tier of government we can't afford or need..

Good Ideas,

Thats my Manifesto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1