Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

On 07/11/2022 at 15:39, Zinger549 said:

I seem to remember there were lots of drunks around castle market area and often saw used needles on the street.  The big Wilkinsons was good but It seemed to be mostly betting shops, slot machines, Pawnbrokers,  and dodgy pubs.

Still the same.

Edited by Victor Meldrew
  • Like 1

Walked past the shipping containers about an hour ago.  Around a dozen or so people sat outside one of them having a drink.  Reminds me of a visit to Hull docks, people drinking amongst containers. 

It's just dawned on me.  The containers are facing in the wrong direction & should be turned 180 degrees so at least people would be sat facing the Sun rather than sat in permanent shade. 

Call me old fashioned but even on a day like today, I'd rather be sat in a warm pub. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Walked past the shipping containers about an hour ago.  Around a dozen or so people sat outside one of them having a drink.  Reminds me of a visit to Hull docks, people drinking amongst containers. 

It's just dawned on me.  The containers are facing in the wrong direction & should be turned 180 degrees so at least people would be sat facing the Sun rather than sat in permanent shade. 

Call me old fashioned but even on a day like today, I'd rather be sat in a warm pub. 

Hmmm... :huh:

It's not that the containers have been positioned incorrectly...

... but more likely the Sun that's approaching from the wrong direction! :hihi:

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2022 at 14:44, Mr Bloke said:

the Sun that's approaching from the wrong direction! :hihi:

I blame the council 😉

I went down on Monday, had a hot dog. It was ok but very quiet (surprise).

Even though it's going in a few months, they should still try and fill the other units with something. Otherwise it really will have been an utter waste (even more than the waste it has been so far).

Probably one reason that most people would go in for is a drink (cold or not, people always like popping somewhere different for a drink). It's a shame that it's missing the bar still.

I've tried to be positive (as per my last few posts) but it did look very quiet and sorry for itself with just one bratwurst place and a craft shop.

1 minute ago, AndrewC said:

I blame the council 😉

I went down on Monday, had a hot dog. It was ok but very quiet (surprise).

Even though it's going in a few months, they should still try and fill the other units with something. Otherwise it really will have been an utter waste (even more than the waste it has been so far).

Probably one reason that most people would go in for is a drink (cold or not, people always like popping somewhere different for a drink). It's a shame that it's missing the bar still.

I've tried to be positive (as per my last few posts) but it did look very quiet and sorry for itself with just one bratwurst place and a craft shop.

I thought the bar was open 

The pub doesnt open Mondays, its their day off. Open every other day. Most sensible day to close tbf (ok, maybe not when the Monday is a bank holiday)

From Google...

yNuPzTy.jpg

Think those hours are about to be extended in the run up to Xmas, though.

Edited by HeHasRisen