Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

On 26/11/2022 at 19:43, hackey lad said:

Is the bar open yet ?

There was a guy behind a bar on the ground floor. The big screen was on, but I didn't notice if the upper level was open, though I didn't look that carefully, I must admit.

ย 

ย 

I had a wander through the Christmas Markets yesterday, and I have to say this looked a little quiet, when compared to all the other things set up. The three 'alpine' bars (further up Fargate, Peace Gardens, The Moor) were very busy, all the food stalls were busy all over too. In contrast, not a single table out the front of the container park ground floor was occupied. Fargate & The Moor were both very busy in general. This was all around 3pm.

ย 

Long story short; there was no shortage of footfall in town, just very little of it was using this. It does seem like people are turning their nose up at the container park somewhat.ย 

Hmmm... :huh:

It seems that SCC are now SO desperate to get people to come and see their state-of-the-art retail establishment that I'm told they're NOW considering showing 'The Baubles Christmas Extravaganza' on their big TV screen!

But a PROMISE has already been made to stage the event EXCLUSIVELY at Padders Bar...

ย 

hZQh1rp.jpg

ย 

... andย  'The Baubles' DO NOT break THEIR promises! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The Star have started doing videos - there's been two of the Xmas Markets and they're absolutely awful!

Think the main journalistic angle of our esteemed local news organsย has been the market has been shut, when they have visited outside the published opening times, and imported beer costs more than a pint of domestically brewed garbage in a local pub. Shock horror.