Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

@RollingJ @hackey lad

Just to point out a comparision. 

My last diesel car was a 2.2L. It averaged around 44mpg.  My average mileage for the year was around 11,000.

11,000/44 = I used 250 gallons or 1136.52 litres. At £1.50/L it cost £1,704.78 in fuel to run my car for a YEAR

6700 litres of diesel would have run that car, based on averages, for 5 years and 11 months. 

7 hours ago, Resident said:

@RollingJ @hackey lad

Just to point out a comparision. 

My last diesel car was a 2.2L. It averaged around 44mpg.  My average mileage for the year was around 11,000.

11,000/44 = I used 250 gallons or 1136.52 litres. At £1.50/L it cost £1,704.78 in fuel to run my car for a YEAR

6700 litres of diesel would have run that car, based on averages, for 5 years and 11 months. 

Exactly  - and I would have thought a static generator would be more fuel efficient??

Been in town this afternoon and made a point of visiting the portakabins . Plenty of people around . Walked through these at 2 o'clock  . No customers at hotdog stall , no customers at Taco ? stall , two customers at Asian ? stall , no customers in  beer stall , no customers in book stall . I  think these stall holders have been sold an absolute lemon . I wonder if the Council will pay for failed promises to these stall holders .

There was a report on tonight's Look North.  The lead council officer on the project, Ben Brailsford was interviewed while sat among the containers & Look North did asked if an elected councilor(s) could also offer a view on the project but none were available. I guess all 80 odd of them must be really, really busy, including the leader & his deputy? 

Mr Brailsford, said (Paraphrasing), there's 6 excellent retail outlets offering people something they normally wouldn't be experiencing in that part of the city centre. 

When quizzed on the future of the containers, there's a report going to the council in January but as yet & the containers will be moved in the Spring to another site but no decision will be made on the new site until after the report has been discussed. 

When the interview took place, presumably this afternoon, there were about 4 other people sat in amoungst the containers.  It was also mentioned that there's little chance of the upstairs bar opening. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

There was a report on tonight's Look North.  The lead council officer on the project, Ben Brailsford was interviewed while sat among the containers & Look North did asked if an elected councilor(s) could also offer a view on the project but none were available. I guess all 80 odd of them must be really, really busy, including the leader & his deputy? 

Mr Brailsford, said (Paraphrasing), there's 6 excellent retail outlets offering people something they normally wouldn't be experiencing in that part of the city centre. 

When quizzed on the future of the containers, there's a report going to the council in January but as yet & the containers will be moved in the Spring to another site but no decision will be made on the new site until after the report has been discussed. 

When the interview took place, presumably this afternoon, there were about 4 other people sat in amoungst the containers.  It was also mentioned that there's little chance of theupstairs bar opening. 

6 retail outlets ? I saw 5 stalls   :huh: