Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

An article in today"s Star is worth reading about the fiasco.

Is it this one from the 24th rehashed in the print version, or is it actually a new one?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/sheffield-container-park-insider-at-operator-steelyard-blasts-ridiculous-delays-and-awful-experience-installing-fargate-attraction-3965219

25 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

That is the one.

I read it in the Star on Line tonight..

Amazing situation all round.

• Like 1

In short then..

Ben Brailsford, lead on the container development at Sheffield City Council, said ........ 

“With this scheme we have come up against a lot of complications and misunderstandings that have caused delays, extra costs and scaling down of the original concept. Of course, this is not what we had planned for, expected or wanted to happen, but we’ve learned an awful lot, and we can take that and use it to make sure this scheme thrives going forward.

Well, I'm sure we're all filled with confidence and enthusiasm after that eh?    I wonder what these BLUNDERS have actually cost the people of Sheffield?

Guest busdriver1
12 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

In short then..

Ben Brailsford, lead on the container development at Sheffield City Council, said ........ 

“With this scheme we have come up against a lot of complications and misunderstandings that have caused delays, extra costs and scaling down of the original concept. Of course, this is not what we had planned for, expected or wanted to happen, but we’ve learned an awful lot, and we can take that and use it to make sure this scheme thrives going forward.

Well, I'm sure we're all filled with confidence and enthusiasm after that eh?    I wonder what these BLUNDERS have actually cost the people of Sheffield?

In even shorter - We did not look into it properly and are trying to divert blame away from those that caused this embarrassment to the area.