Shipping Containers Coming To Fargate

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Who does the 'thinking'?

One wonders. Putting the containers over one of the biggest and newest sewers in the city without checking first and then having to hire in a diesel powered generator seems to be a big 'mistake ' by someone or a department that failed to think.

• Like 1

Just now, Meltman said:

One wonders. Putting the containers over one of the biggest and newest sewers in the city without checking first and then having to hire in a diesel powered generator seems to be a big 'mistake ' by someone or a department that failed to think.

Although my question was more aimed at the government department handing out the funds, I  see your point with regards to the siting of the construction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If I recall correctly, it was a high street improvement grant. They would have had to put a case together, to then ask for the money, to then be told they had or hadnt been awarded it.

Presumably without checking if the location was suitable or fire regulations were satisfied.

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Presumably without checking if the location was suitable or fire regulations were satisfied.

Would assume no location other than "S1" or whatever would need to be specified during the grant application. Planner may know. Suppose they take it as read due diligence has actually taken place