Airport Delays

Travel expert, Simon Calder, was interviewed on tv last week & he said that after this weekend, (half-term, extended Bank Holiday), things should start to improve as there will be a drop in numbers using airports.  That said, I've heard the news this evening & they've said that hundreds of people who were bumped off EasyJet flights on Saturday & offered alternative flights today, Sunday, have now been told those flights have been cancelled at short notice. 

I've got an EasyJet app on my mobile, laptop etc, as we've generally used them for years.  Even with everything that's going on at the moment with EasyJet, cancelling flights & holidays, I'm still getting at least 2 emails a day from them trying to flog me flights & holidays within the next fortnight or so, which they probably won't be able to honour, yet they're still after money. 

Hopefully by the time we actually fly with them, mid-September, it'll all be sorted? 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka

They can’t get people through as quick - cos we don’t have the same freedom of movement we did have previously.

Edited by makapaka

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Travel expert, Simon Calder, was interviewed on tv last week & he said that after this weekend, (half-term, extended Bank Holiday), things should start to improve as there will be a drop in numbers using airports. 

That's what was said back in Easter though, and clearly it's still an absolute circus.

It's obvious this is a complete failure of management to get sufficient staff employed, they've had plenty of time, they even had the Government writing to them at the start of the year warning them of this very problem.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an amount of taking responsibility for your cockups though.

Ultimately they were the one in charge and they've allowed this mess to occur, at some point their position becomes untenable.

If they didn't leave, there'd be serious questions about the ability of the company to properly recover from this mess.