Bbc Apology For Len Goodman Calling Coronation Chicken 'Foreign Muck'

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

True that... also, has this "apology" actually been given...

...can't see any evidence of it happening (for obvious reasons).

This is all I can find: "Later in the show, Clare Balding issued an apology for if 'anyone took offence' to remarks made earlier in the show."

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Given your numerous posts in the forum, most of which (on face value) appear to be largely the same sort of thing....

...I can't help but feel you might the best placed poster here to answer that question?

That's the most ironic (and funniest) thing I have ever read on here.

Particularly on the Covid threads (but also more recently on Modern Life is Rubbish and the Biased BBC thread) it is, very ironically, the PC Wallahs* who are by far the most offensive and personal on this entire forum.

* the ones who think no expense is too great or no edict or law banning anything and everything is too severe, in order to avoid upsetting someone, " literally anything is acceptable in order to stop the possibility of anyone getting upset".

Hypocrites.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

« Old fashioned attitude », or just someone using everyday language and ruffling a few « languages police »  feathers.

I have an issue with people «  virtue signalling «  but wouldn’t stop folk from , say, waving a Ukrainian flag or anything 

When the war started I thought people having the Ukraine flag on their whatever was virtue signalling. But the penny dropped, it's actually very important. It's not the message it sends to the Ukrainians, or even the Russians, that is important, no, it's the message its sends to our own government, i.e. the UK population wants them to support the Ukraine in every possible way regardless of the cost or how long they have to do it for.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

True that... also, has this "apology" actually been given...

No apology was necessary, it just panders to these people and encourages them in their PC over sensitivity.

Edited by Chekhov

On 06/06/2022 at 15:08, carosio said:

There are 'indigenous peoples' who eat roasted tarantulas, big fat raw grubs, check this out-

https://blog.wego.com/6-countries-edible-insect-cuisine/

No one can descibe that as 'foreign muck'!  Some cultures find cheese disgusting/repulsive!

Very true !!!...

Does it matter that is grandmother didn’t like curry powder...

I like curry chicken,oxtail and curry mutton and I also eat a roast pork dinner it has no taste whatsoever and I couldn’t eat it every day but so what !!!!...

If we we’re all the same and thought the same it would be a very boring place to live in !!!...

We are now living in a world where we can’t say or do anything without someone picking up on it and turning it into a negative !!!....

The way the world is going at this rate is a Bu##**#* world where everyone is fake and to scared to say and do what they truly want !!!...