Bbc Apology For Len Goodman Calling Coronation Chicken 'Foreign Muck'

40 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I was being a little sarcastic when I used the word 'outrage' so I'm sorry if I outraged you but it caused enough of a stir to be mentioned on the radio this morning.

Yes, more than likely commenting how ridiculous it was. If he hadnt apologised (no doubt made to by a producer in his ear) not a single complaint would have been made. 

Nada. Zilch.

1 minute ago, despritdan said:

Utter garbage article. As said, not a single complaint would have been made.

As for Tyler, he has been slagged off all season on Twitter, he is past it, this just gave people an ideal excuse to pretend to be outraged.

16 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think it reveals a sneering and perhaps quite an old fashioned attitude to the cuisine of other countries.

Perhaps Len Goodman should stick to, well whatever it is that he is expert in, and leave the culinary critiques to people who have more knowledge in these matters.

A comment quoted in The Times sums up this ludicrous PC over reaction very well :

Apparently the BBC is getting a lot of complaints about what Len Goodman's grandmother said years ago about foreign food.

A lot of people said exactly the same thing back then because it was new to them.

What Len said was [just] a fact.

How can people have a problem with that ?

Absolutely.

Why are so many people determined to be offended these days ?

This thread would be just as appropriate in the thread "Modern life is rubbish", that's how absurd it is, and worrying. You cannot say anything these days, and the trend is inescapable........

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Didn't Len Goodman go for a curry with Ainsley Harriet at the Sweet Centre in Bradford? He seemed to enjoy that...

Indeed. Thats because the OP posted the article without actually reading it.

53 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed. Thats because the OP posted the article without actually reading it.

True that... also, has this "apology" actually been given...

...can't see any evidence of it happening (for obvious reasons).

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Given your numerous posts in the forum, most of which (on face value) appear to be largely the same sort of thing....

...I can't help but feel you might the best placed poster here to answer that question?

20 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think it reveals a sneering and perhaps quite an old fashioned attitude to the cuisine of other countries.

Perhaps Len Goodman should stick to, well whatever it is that he is expert in, and leave the culinary critiques to people who have more knowledge in these matters.

« Old fashioned attitude », or just someone using everyday language and ruffling a few « languages police »  feathers.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

A comment quoted in The Times sums up this ludicrous PC over reaction very well :

Apparently the BBC is getting a lot of complaints about what Len Goodman's grandmother said years ago about foreign food.

A lot of people said exactly the same thing back then because it was new to them.

What Len said was [just] a fact.

How can people have a problem with that ?

Absolutely.

This thread would be just as appropriate in the thread "Modern life is rubbish", that's how absurd it is, and worrying. You cannot say anything these days, and the trend is inescapable........

I have an issue with people «  virtue signalling «  but wouldn’t stop folk from , say, waving a Ukrainian flag or anything