Stop Pandering To The Woke Minority.

43 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I too am at a loss to know why Trastrick should emphasise 'leftist' as a credential.

Alongside 'woke,' I'm sick and tired of hearing 'left, lefty, leftist' etc usually followed by an insult like 'nonsense' used as a term of abuse. 

How come we never hear 'right, righty, or rightist' as an equal term of abuse for those of the opposite persuasion?  

Seriously???  I think you need to take your ear plugs out Anna.

Are you completely blase to the constant phrases equally being thrown around such as..... the extreme right, those right wing Tories, righty racists, right wing scum, right wing brexit supporters, right-wing elitists, right wing Farage supporters, right wing GB news viewers, right-wing flag shaggers,right wing Daily Mail brigade.....

If we are going down some tangent over who is perceived to be the bigger victim, let's have a totally unscientific broad-brush check.  A quick Google shows that the words 'right' 'wing' 'scum' give hits of over 3.5 million whereas a combo of words 'left' 'wing' 'looney' merely reaches 1.3 million.

I'm sure that there is far more obviously complex nuances to be considered which I'm not going to engage in but let's not pretend this is all one-sided. The polarisation is clear across both sides and is only going to increase thanks to trends in snappy soundbites, out of context videos splattered across social media, increasing the lazy journalism more interested in chasing the ad revenue and top search results rather than investigative detailed reporting, and of course a generally apathetic electorate who can barely bring themselves to read beyond the headlines on anything political or economic let alone bother to properly research and and inform themselves.    Why bother?    After all, all they need to do is wait for their favourite DJ or columnist or talking head to start giving their uncorroborated opinions and that will do for them.....  they will just follow the herd.

Edited by ECCOnoob

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Seriously???  I think you need to take your ear plugs out Anna.

Are you completely blase to the constant phrases equally being thrown around such as..... the extreme right, those right wing Tories, righty racists, right wing scum, right wing brexit supporters, right-wing elitists, right wing Farage supporters, right wing GB news viewers, right-wing flag shaggers,right wing Daily Mail brigade.....

right wing scum will do just fine thanks 👍

• Haha 1

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I too am at a loss to know why Trastrick should emphasise 'leftist' as a credential.

Alongside 'woke,' I'm sick and tired of hearing 'left, lefty, leftist' etc usually followed by an insult like 'nonsense' used as a term of abuse. 

How come we never hear 'right, righty, or rightist' as an equal term of abuse for those of the opposite persuasion?  

May I propose “Right Whinger”. 

As exemplified up there ^^

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

right wing scum will do just fine thanks 👍

Why does a person’s political view make them scum? My views are center right and I’m friends with quite a few people who are of the left and I would never call them scum. We have different views and have argued passionately over the years but have never fallen out about it.

t

1 minute ago, hobinfoot said:

Why does a person’s political view make them scum? My views are center right and I’m friends with quite a few people who are of the left and I would never call them scum. We have different views and have argued passionately over the years but have never fallen out about it.

t

because it goes deeper than a friendly rivalry, peoples lives can depend on it, people have died at the hands of racists and homophobics

14 hours ago, Anna B said:

Well, aren't you the one who just posted this little diatribe?

"Meanwhile the Oligarchs and super rich running the show are wealthier and more powerful than ever, as we slide further and further to the right towards facism"?

Lol

• 1 month later...

"I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king,"   Elizabeth 1 at Tilbury docks. 

Academics working closely with the Globe Theatre in London are now taking the above speech, because Elizabeth refers to herself as having "A stomach of a king", as PROOF that she was non-gender. 

Like-minded academics are also insisting that because Joan of Arc, donned a suit of armour, cut her hair like a man & fought in battle, yet was a woman, that's PROOF she was non-binary. 

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by Baron99

57 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

"I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king,"   Elizabeth 1 at Tilbury docks. 

Academics working closely with the Globe Theatre in London are now taking the above speech, because Elizabeth refers to herself as having "A stomach of a king", as PROOF that she was non-gender. 

Like-minded academics are also insisting that because Joan of Arc, donned a suit of armour, cut her hair like a man & fought in battle, yet was a woman, that's PROOF she was non-binary. 

Absolutely ridiculous. 

more confusingly did you know OMD released 2 singles with Joan of arc in the title side by side of each other?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Academics 😂😂😂