Stop Pandering To The Woke Minority.

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I also find referring to anyone who is not white as a "person of colour" offensive. White is a colour. To disregard that is racist.

Ah well. That’s just something that you are going to have to cope with.

I’m sure you’ll find a way.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Racism isn't something people should "just have to cope with".

It isn’t.

and

It isn’t.

So, you’ll just have to put up with it.

Edited by sibon

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

As a white person, I am entitled 

Hahaha.

Voice away.

Edited by sibon

24 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I also find referring to anyone who is not white as a "person of colour" offensive. White is a colour. To disregard that is racist.

No its not. White, as well a black, are not colours but shades. 

Edited by Dromedary

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

You're a racist.

That’s not a nice thing to say.. 

I’m not convinced that you know what you are talking about though.

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I am a white human, with a GCSE in Humanities, I definitely know about racism towards white people.

What grade?

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

The police, nurses and security guards need to be trained not to be racist towards black people. Employers need to know not to discriminate against black people and give everyone an equal opportunity. That is what people should be focussing on.

However, what is not acceptable is white people not being given jobs because they are white (someone I know was turned down for a managerial role in the military and was told in no uncertain terms that it was because he wasn't black). That is racism and discrimination. Sadiq Khan saying there is no good reason why white people should be high earners in London is racism. I have noticed a culture developing of people making slurs against white people and it is a disgrace. For some reason, people don't seem to be challenging this racism. Calling white people slave owners because they are of white ethnicity is racism. I also think the N word should be banned from being used in lyrics in music.

The idea why white people should be high earners in London is racism. There is no reason why only white people should be high earners - that opportunity should be available to anyone based on their ability. Unfortunately we know that people with traditionally non English names are sometimes rejected at application stage, and there is the existence of the old boys network which excludes minorities.

I think sometimes there are genuine occupational qualifications for people being of a certain gender or ethnic background. Years ago I applied for a job that required a male worker, as other members of the small team I was part of were female - the job itself could've entailed an element of personal care depending on the needs of the service users.

Similarly there are jobs where it's helpful that someone is of a particular ethnic background  - such as an outreach educational worker with the Roma community. Having an intimate knowledge of that community and its customs I think would be essential.

That's not racist or sexist - just responding to the needs of the diverse communities

Edited by Mister M

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

... I’m not convinced that you know what you are talking about though.

I do miss him on the covid thread.

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

How would you feel if your son or daughter applied for that role and were rejected on the basis that they were English and not Romanian?

I would probably feel that the person who got the job because they were Romanian got it fair and square, because they will have greater knowledge of that culture and possibly language. 

Wouldn't you think that?