Stop Pandering To The Woke Minority.

1 minute ago, LovePotion said:

I'd think it was discrimination. Let's flip it around, if a Romanian applied for a role working with the English community and were rejected on the grounds that they are not of English nationality, would that be alright?

If they had a good knowledge of the English culture and its language, and that was an essential requirement of the job then why would they be rejected?

It isn't just about the person applying for the role, it's who can best meet the needs of the role and the community of people they're working with. 

• Like 1

Just now, LovePotion said:

But what if the English person applying for the role in the Romanian culture had good knowledge of the language and culture?

There's no reason why they shouldn't be considered for the job

20 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Grade C, one of the highest grades awardable.

Isn't there a grade A and B before C?

4 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I never said there wasn't. I said it is one of the highest grades awardable. 

It isn't though. Well done for passing it.

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean that to sound patronising!

Edited by Mister M

Guest sibon
34 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I do miss him on the covid thread.

He’s fun in this mood. 

I don’t like the angry alter ego though.

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Isn't there a grade A and B before C?

Grade 9.

41 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Wikipedia says you are wrong.

White is not a separate colour as such and is a mixture of the multiple colours in the visible light spectrum reflected back that the human eye can see. Black is basically the opposite and is the absence of any colour reflected back and is the reason that when you go into a dark room without any light you don't see any colours only darkness.

As the Encyclopedia Britannica puts it:

"It depends on how you want to define color. If color is solely the way physics describes it, the visible spectrum of light waves, then black and white are outcasts and don’t count as true, physical colors."

41 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

By your logic, and if you were right, why are black people referred to as "people of colour" then?

Because it rightly replaced the term "coloured" which in the USA was used as a racial term to describe Negroes. 

20 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

When I was growing up in the 90s, we were taught that the term you quoted was more respectful to use than black. How things change!

That's part of the problem, the ground is constantly shifting.

It makes people afraid to speak for fear of offending someone.

Generally speaking, IMO if no offence was intended, none should be taken. Things are sometimes said out of pure ignorance. 

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

When I was growing up in the 90s, we were taught that the term you quoted was more respectful to use than black. How things change!

It'll soon be 'people who don't reflect any colour when they're naked'.

51 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I agree that a term needs to be chosen and adhered to. From what I have seen, some black people hate being called "a person of colour" or "BAME". It works best to use scientific terms such as white and black. It is the same with sexuality. "Gay" is a derogatory term, yet it is widely used. In my opinion the word homosexual should be used instead. Homosexual for men, lesbian for women and bisexual for people who like both. 

I've never thought of gay as a derogatory term. Or at least it never used to be until idiots like Chris Moyles used the word to describe something that is lame or naff.

Edited by Mister M