Stop Pandering To The Woke Minority.

On 20/06/2022 at 19:27, ECCOnoob said:

Are you completely blase to the constant phrases equally being thrown around such as.....

'the extreme right'- rarely used, usually it's the 'far right' (nazi, homophobes, racists etc.)

'those right wing Tories' - normal political discourse

'righty racists' - never heard, are you making it up?

'right wing scum' - yup about right

'right wing brexit supporters' -normal political discourse

'right-wing elitists' - the word elitists is usually used pejoratively against the left, somewhat ridiculously

'right wing Farage supporters' - oxymoron

'right wing GB news viewers' - semi-oxymoron, some could be watching for a laugh

'right-wing flag shaggers' - you really are making it up now

'right wing Daily Mail brigade' - the majority of Mail readers aren't politically literate enough to know what 'wing' their views are, but could be described as right-wing, or senile.

Edited by Norbert
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/06/2022 at 20:39, LovePotion said:

I agree that a term needs to be chosen and adhered to. From what I have seen, some black people hate being called "a person of colour" or "BAME". It works best to use scientific terms such as white and black. It is the same with sexuality. "Gay" is a derogatory term, yet it is widely used. In my opinion the word homosexual should be used instead. Homosexual for men, lesbian for women and bisexual for people who like both. 

im sure the entire LGBTQ+ community are willing to change the G to a H just for you mate

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

"I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king,"   Elizabeth 1 at Tilbury docks. 

Academics working closely with the Globe Theatre in London are now taking the above speech, because Elizabeth refers to herself as having "A stomach of a king", as PROOF that she was non-gender. 

Like-minded academics are also insisting that because Joan of Arc, donned a suit of armour, cut her hair like a man & fought in battle, yet was a woman, that's PROOF she was non-binary. 

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Margaret Thatcher was often referred to as the only man in the cabinet which proves that she was non binary. Here are some more non binary trans gender fluid people.

14 Actors Who Went Full Drag For A Role

Poor Bernard Bresslaw ended up in drag more than any other Carry On-er.  Here he is pictured at 'Patricia Potter' in Carry On Gi… | Girl,  Celebrities, British movies

Barbra Streisand Director -Yentl' & 'The Prince of Tides': Biggest Oscar  Snubs

The great Judy Garland on the Sammy Davis Jr. Show in 1966. It would be the  final time she would dress as the … | Judy garland, Classic hollywood,  Hollywood legends

Katy Perry Dresses As Man on Ellen Show - YouTube

Still modern after all these years … Marlene Dietrich's ageless charisma |  Movies | The Guardian

On 16/08/2022 at 15:39, despritdan said:

Margaret Thatcher was often referred to as the only man in the cabinet which proves that she was non binary. Here are some more non binary trans gender fluid people.

Poor Bernard Bresslaw ended up in drag more than any other Carry On-er.  Here he is pictured at 'Patricia Potter' in Carry On Gi… | Girl,  Celebrities, British movies

The great Judy Garland on the Sammy Davis Jr. Show in 1966. It would be the  final time she would dress as the … | Judy garland, Classic hollywood,  Hollywood legends

Straight" (is thst a acceptable term at the moment?) away it's clear you need to go on a course and get up to date & be re-educated. 

You do see where you've gone wrong don't you?   You designated all the above as non-binary / transgender & gender fluid but because you don't know them & you've no proof of their gender status, you've used your own prejudices to assign them as your see fit.  Tut-tut.  This is actually 'Assumed Gender' assignment.

You should have gone with 'Assumed Gender'. 

Schoolboy / girl / adolescent / +++ error. 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Straight" (is thst a acceptable term at the moment?) away it's clear you need to go on a course and get up to date & be re-educated. 

You do see where you've gone wrong don't you?   You designated all the above as non-binary / transgender & gender fluid but because you don't know them & you've no proof of their gender status, you've used your own prejudices to assign them as your see fit.  Tut-tut.  This is actually 'Assumed Gender' assignment.

You should have gone with 'Assumed Gender'. 

Schoolboy / girl / adolescent / +++ error. 

Are you seriously telling me that Bernard 'big bra' Bresslaw and Robin 'call me Robyn' Williams weren't transgender? I'm all confused. What about this person, Dick 'I wish I didn't have one' Emery.

Dick Emery Show, The – Nostalgia Central

Actors and actresses dress-up as whatever their role demands.

They did so even in William Shakespeare's day, when all roles were played by men; women were barred from the stage.

That scarcely means any sort of deviance from dressing normally, any more so than someone who plays the role of a murderer is thereby guilty of murder or someone who plays a corpse is dead..

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

On 17/08/2022 at 19:07, despritdan said:

Are you seriously telling me that Bernard 'big bra' Bresslaw and Robin 'call me Robyn' Williams weren't transgender? I'm all confused. What about this person, Dick 'I wish I didn't have one' Emery.

Dick Emery Show, The – Nostalgia Central

My bold. 

No, sorry.   Dick is now out - stop laughing at the back. 

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/20607739.parents-ask-york-dungeon-rename-rude-dick-turpin/

On 16/08/2022 at 15:39, despritdan said:

Still modern after all these years … Marlene Dietrich's ageless charisma |  Movies | The Guardian

That Bernard Bresslaw photo reminds me of an old flame of mine  😀

• Haha 1