Fir Vale - Litter Issues

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is littering an arrestable offence? I have no idea if it is btw.

The problem there goes beyond just littering, and falls into fly-tipping.

"Fly-tipping is a serious criminal offence for which you can be prosecuted. The courts have various powers available to them to tackle fly-tipping, including imprisonment, unlimited fines"        Keep Britain Tidy

"Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste. The size can vary from one bag of rubbish, to a mattress and a bed, or several bags of builder's rubble and garden waste."

Ealing Council

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is littering an arrestable offence? I have no idea if it is btw.

If it isn't, then make it so.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If it isn't, then make it so.

Well thats a bit disproportionate, isnt it? You want someone arrested for dropping a cigarette butt in the high street? Because that is what you are essentially proposing.

Well thats a bit disproportionate, isnt it? You want someone arrested for dropping a cigarette butt in the high street? Because that is what you are essentially proposing.

You are stirrings things up.

We are not talking about  a cigarette butt in the High Street and, in any case, People have had massive fines for doing just that. It used to be in The Star regularly.

There is a really serious litter problem at Fir Vale and it has been going on for years, costing the council (meaning us council tax payers)  a great deal of money.

Do you want the problem dealing with or shall we carry on and ignore it because everyone's too windy (old Sheffield phrase).

To solve the problem,  YES, arrest them for dropping anything.  They will soon learn.

Result =  money saved and nice clean streets.

What's your suggestion?

Edited by Organgrinder

45 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You are stirrings things up.

We are not talking about  a cigarette butt in the High Street and, in any case, People have had massive fines for doing just that. It used to be in The Star regularly.

Indeed they did. Fines, not arrests. 

Whats my solution? God knows, the jails are full and police resources are stretched far too thinly for them to have to deal with people throwing a crisp packet on the floor.  If it got to the level of "flytipping" then that is already covered by existing legislation.

I would be inclined to let them just get on with it, they all live in a bubble down there and most decent people left the area years ago.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Indeed they did. Fines, not arrests. 

Whats my solution? God knows, the jails are full and police resources are stretched far too thinly for them to have to deal with people throwing a crisp packet on the floor.  If it got to the level of "flytipping" then that is already covered by existing legislation.

I would be inclined to let them just get on with it, they all live in a bubble down there and most decent people left the area years ago.

That once again is your misunderstanding of the situation 

there are many decent residents trapped in the area cos they can’t sell properties in an area blighted by low prices and dodgy buyers 

the authorities should be held to account for this

The terminal decline of this country is in full swing, standards will get worse, more no go areas will crop up, more crime will happen and go unpunished, more druggies and alcoholics will be on the streets along with more feral youth, the battle is well and truly lost.

My wife and I lived in the same council property for 54 years, then around four years ago the council started putting African immigrant’s in every empty Maisonette, subsequently they just carried on like they did back in the Congo, litter dropped every where, refuse bags so heavy with un-eaten food etc. bags to large to use the rubbish chute and to heavy to put in the large grey bins, they never put paper and card into the blue bin, rotting food was all round the large bins, they also scrounged in the bins for unwanted items which were then packed up and sent back to the Congo for repair and ultimately sold, money earned was never disclosed to the D.S.S. One woman received £900 per month in benefits, makes my earned 50 years of pension quite paultry in comparison, before anyone says how do I know? I have photos of the mess they made and the woman's bank statement. These people ruined the area and reduced our quality of life, we eventually moved to a private rent in Derbyshire where it’s a completely different world.

• Like 1