Opal Fruits And Marathons

10 hours ago, sibon said:

Without wishing to pick an unnecessary fight, I think that you have your Marathons muddled up with Topics.

A Topic bar had a hazelnut in every bite, or so the adverts claimed. No such  claim was ever made for the bites: peanuts ratio of Marathons.

Ok. Back on topic… or was that Marathon.

You are absolutely correct, I would claim it as my deliberate mistake, except that wouldn't actually be true, more likely it's Señor Senility coming to town on the Dementia Express. 

Marathons came up peanuts time after time (assuming you could avoid the knife slicing the marathon open to prove it).

Yes to Marathons, always thought Snickers was a bloody daft name. Yes to Frys five centres but no to Spangles, like chomping broken glass and always the last remaining item in the Christmas selection box. Bring back Golden Cup caramel bars, they were the best!

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Do they still make the Ruffle  chocolate bar ?  Or the Rumba ? both favourites of mine as a nipper 

Last time I was in Farmfoods they were selling multi packs of Ruffle bars so yeah they’re still around 👍

18 hours ago, Hecate said:

Forget bringing back the old names; bring back the old stuff: Pacers.  And the original white ones, not the green and white stripy ones.

But of course if they did bring back Pacers or Spangles or proper Double Deckers or whatnot, they'd be half the size and taste of E numbers.  So on second thoughts, forget rose-tinted nostalgia and leave the sweets where the blue passports and imperial measurements should still be.

Used to love, Spangles especially the ones in the black wrapper, weren't they the Old English flavour?

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Used to love, Spangles especially the ones in the black wrapper, weren't they the Old English flavour?

Those are the ones I remember.  Just had a bit of a search and yes, they were called Old English Flavour.  Wikipedia tells me that the flavours were liquorice (black), mint humbug (brown), pear drop (orange/red), aniseed (green) and treacle (opaque mustard yellow). 

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Those are the ones I remember.  Just had a bit of a search and yes, they were called Old English Flavour.  Wikipedia tells me that the flavours were liquorice (black), mint humbug (brown), pear drop (orange/red), aniseed (green) and treacle (opaque mustard yellow). 

isnt there a courgette flavour?