Calm as a river

Tranquility in my heart

Blue Summer skies reign 

from Haikus poetry ?

now you’ve got me going !! 

I do that a lot😊

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

So it’s a fake resignation letter?

Yes, that's what I think.   When did you ever hear of Johnson or his government releasing something that was true.

Tory supporters should realise that, after all the lies, cover up's and openly breaking standards rules, as in his refusal to sack his home secretary, many of the public now doubt everything he says and does.

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Yes, that's what I think.   When did you ever hear of Johnson or his government releasing something that was true.

Tory supporters should realise that, after all the lies, cover up's and openly breaking standards rules, as in his refusal to sack his home secretary, many of the public now doubt everything he says and does.

I think the writer of that letter would have something to say about your accusation 

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I think the writer of that letter would have something to say about your accusation 

Sounds like you agree that the writer of the letter was NOT Lord  Geidt.

7 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Boris gets away with plenty but even he wouldn’t go there. Lord Geidt would do his nut.

Lord Geidt DID do his nut.

That's why he resigned.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Sounds like you agree that the writer of the letter was NOT Lord  Geidt. ...

Geidt has commented on his letter in a subsequent letter he sent to the Tory MP William Wragg.  Here's a snippet:

My letter has been interpreted to suggest that an important issue of principle was limited to some narrow and technical consideration of steel tariffs. The cautious language of my letter may have failed adequately to explain the far wider scope of my objection.

I think the council must be putting something in the water because this thread is approaching Mulder levels of barking.

My letter has been interpreted to suggest that an important issue of principle was limited to some narrow and technical consideration of steel tariffs. The cautious language of my letter may have failed adequately to explain the far wider scope of my objection.

This is exactly my point.

Tory & Boris  supporters are claiming that he only resigned over steel tariffs when, in fact, he has NOT explained the far wider scope of his objection.

If he has explained this to Boris, then we all should know  but, we wont,  because the government operates in secrecy.

That is what I claimed in my original post.

Not much difference to the USA and to Russia, China & North Korea.

The western powers like to keep secrets from their citizens too and that is why they want him extradited.

28 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Geidt has commented on his letter in a subsequent letter he sent to the Tory MP William Wragg.  Here's a snippet:

I think the council must be putting something in the water because this thread is approaching Mulder levels of barking.

It's not compulsory for you to read it.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Sounds like you agree that the writer of the letter was NOT Lord  Geidt.

Lord Geidt DID do his nut.

That's why he resigned.

No it was Lord Geidt , in his own words . If anyone changed those words you would see his anger 

58 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

My letter has been interpreted to suggest that an important issue of principle was limited to some narrow and technical consideration of steel tariffs. The cautious language of my letter may have failed adequately to explain the far wider scope of my objection.

This is exactly my point.

Tory & Boris  supporters are claiming that he only resigned over steel tariffs when, in fact, he has NOT explained the far wider scope of his objection.

If he has explained this to Boris, then we all should know  but, we wont,  because the government operates in secrecy.

That is what I claimed in my original post.

Not much difference to the USA and to Russia, China & North Korea.

The western powers like to keep secrets from their citizens too and that is why they want him extradited.

It's not compulsory for you to read it.

Not true . In your original post, you said we can’t get to see what he wrote in his resignation letter