Tv Screen Sizes

I went to buy a set for the kitchen and found the definition of ‘small screens’ to be those of 32” and under. I recall when 26” was classed as a large screen, how times have changed.

Edited by crookesey

More worrying tro me is that it is difficult to find a "normal" TV set - i.e. one that is not "smart", just a normal TV set that does normal things like receive TV channels.  I do not want a device that can be controlled from afar by others via smartphones and the Internet, just one that has a remote that I can use for muself, within my own house!  Logically, these should be cheaper now, but we're been sold bigger sets with many other functions, so we don't get the price redutions that improvements in technology should be giving us.

• Like 1

Guest sibon

This should be in Modern Life is Rubbish😁

I agree though. I don’t like huge tvs and I get very frustrated with my current one which appears to do as it likes. 

it takes longer to switch on than an old valve tv, because it is loading apps. Then it covers the screen with icons linking to apps that I don’t use. Then, if I leave the tv undisturbed, it turns itself off and I have to go through all of the startup nonsense again.

32 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

More worrying tro me is that it is difficult to find a "normal" TV set - i.e. one that is not "smart", just a normal TV set that does normal things like receive TV channels.  I do not want a device that can be controlled from afar by others via smartphones and the Internet, just one that has a remote that I can use for muself, within my own house!  Logically, these should be cheaper now, but we're been sold bigger sets with many other functions, so we don't get the price redutions that improvements in technology should be giving us.

I have a Smart tv and I cant control it from outside my house, maybe you are misunderstanding the term.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I recall when a ‘second tv’ was something like a 12” screen model, and we thought that this was cool. We’ve got two 32” and one 26”, these seem fine for us, but then again the 12” one seemed good at the time.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

I recall when a ‘second tv’ was something like a 12” screen model, and we thought that this was cool. We’ve got two 32” and one 26”, these seem fine for us, but then again the 12” one seemed good at the time.

Black and white portable with a dial for changing channel.  Had to plough through screen snow to get to each one, and then more still to tune in the channel you needed to play Pong.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

People fear what they don't understand or comprehend 

Coming from a time when you had to get up to switch TV channels  (that's if you were lucky enough to have more than one!) I don't understand or comprehend a lot of things in modern day life but I don't fear them. I just ask the kids to sort it for me They're usually up to speed technologically.

echo.

'