This Could Be The Biggest Recession Since The 1930s

10 minutes ago, Delbow said:

If anyone wants to be involved in a national campaign to make the wealthiest pay for the latest crisis rather than ordinary people (again) you can sign up here to get updates, there will definitely be things happening in Sheffield. 300,000 signed up in the first three days.

You've compared the UK, where the economy shrank in Q2, with a country where growth is over 2%. The Eurozone grew 0.7% in Q2.

I've just joined (apparently.) I hope this is the same as signing. 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

You've compared the UK, where the economy shrank in Q2, with a country where growth is over 2%. The Eurozone grew 0.7% in Q2.

Growth is down everywhere is what I was getting at even in Lux so is not exclusive just to the UK. BTW the Eurozone is not a country so cannot be compared to a single economy and even then the Eurozone countries are also set for a possible recession soon as the war in Ukraine lingers on with the inevitable rising inflation because of it.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

No, thankfully. Instead, people who know how to organise.

I would hope they do with the salaries and extras they are pulling with most at over £100,000 PA, except poor Zarah Sultana who is just a simple MP.

Yet another case of the fairly well off left wing labourite do gooders who think that moaning by proxy on behalf of the poor is OK.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

If anyone wants to be involved in a national campaign to make the wealthiest pay for the latest crisis rather than ordinary people (again) you can sign up here to get updates, there will definitely be things happening in Sheffield. 300,000 signed up in the first three days.

I would like to retire at 62 will they pay for that?

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

Growth is down everywhere is what I was getting at even in Lux so is not exclusive just to the UK.

Germany are increasing their minimum wage by 22% in October, so that will help the poor and pump money into their economy.

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

Growth is down everywhere is what I was getting at even in Lux so is not exclusive just to the UK. BTW the Eurozone is not a country so cannot be compared to a single economy and even then the Eurozone countries are also set for a possible recession soon as the war in Ukraine lingers on with the inevitable rising inflation because of it.

So it's better in other countries, but that doesn't mean it's better in other countries. Right, cheers.

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

So it's better in other countries, but that doesn't mean it's better in other countries. Right, cheers.

Well, it’s all about context for these country-to-country comparisons.

So if we’re talking growth and GDP figures, and my humped friend still insists on his usual ‘yeah but the EU’ whenever I post anything anywhere (for which I have him on ignore)…

…I  haven’t bothered to look up Lux’s trade deficit lately. But I doubt it looks anything like this:

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Hope the Councils not organising it

Civil disobedience doesn’t need organising. It tends to grow of its own accord.

I’ll paint you a banner and lend you a whistle if you like.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Well, it’s all about context for these country-to-country comparisons.

I agree.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

So if we’re talking growth and GDP figures, and my humped friend still insists on his usual ‘yeah but the EU’ whenever I post anything anywhere (for which I have him on ignore)…

Ahh, yes you use the kiddie button on people you don't agree with, how very immature!

2 hours ago, L00b said:

…I  haven’t bothered to look up Lux’s trade deficit lately. ....

Of course you haven't..... cough! But here it is again in case you forgot.

https://www.oecd.org/economy/luxembourg-economic-snapshot/