This Could Be The Biggest Recession Since The 1930s

2 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

Yet people continue to flock here thinking its paradise- well, may be it is compared to their homeland.

Immigration causes an increase in activity and growth, yet with record immigration we are still in recession.

• Like 1

Guest ThaBoom
12 hours ago, El Cid said:

Immigration causes an increase in activity and growth, yet with record immigration we are still in recession.

Because we are only wanting to let the 'right ones in'.

Guest makapaka
12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Stop it  :rolleyes:

We’re in recession and suffering hyper inflation.

Nearly every public service is in peril and have striking or impending striking staff.

mass unemployment is forecast.

we are reliant on crippling energy prices.

we’ve decimated almost all large industry and exporters and our economy is reliant mainly on a London based financial market which is also struggling.

give us a couple of positives and maybe I’ll reconsider…..

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

We’re in recession and suffering hyper inflation.

Nearly every public service is in peril and have striking or impending striking staff.

mass unemployment is forecast.

we are reliant on crippling energy prices.

we’ve decimated almost all large industry and exporters and our economy is reliant mainly on a London based financial market which is also struggling.

give us a couple of positives and maybe I’ll reconsider…..

And some believe that Labour has the magic wand to put this mess right, only a government consisting of members of all parties has any chance of silencing the bickering and digging us out of this self made mess.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Cid said:

Hasn't the Government been helping support the housing market, that's money down the drain.

Compared with what the amount of money down the drain trying to unsuccessfully suppress Covid (whilst at the same time trashing our freedoms like never before in history), it is small change indeed.

No, the economic situation is bad, and it will get even worse, unemployment to go up next I feel sure. The only reason we did not have a massive depression and high unemployment in 2020 was the many Billions they pumped into the economy then. But the bill is here now : huge inflation and a humungous government debt.

This was all pre-ordained from spring 2020 but it will be even worse than predicted then because the suppression of society and the economy went on far longer than feared, and then Ukraine.

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

And some believe that Labour has the magic wand to put this mess right, only a government consisting of members of all parties has any chance of silencing the bickering and digging us out of this self made mess.

I agree. It's time to stop the bickering (both internal and external) and pull together.

Time for a coalition government on a war cabinet footing to stop the rot and actually DO something.  

I'd start by getting the tax owed by the big corporations.

Edited by Anna B

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I agree. It's time to stop the bickering (both internal and external) and pull together.

Time for a coalition government on a war cabinet footing to stop the rot and actually DO something.  

Give it a few years and we may actually get one.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'd start by getting the tax owed by the big corporations.

I'm certain that any tax they owed has already been paid.