The Fringe

1 hour ago, bungleboy69 said:

Really? Me and all our group agree it's a cracking line up. Best value festival in the UK. 

I can only imagine you are involved with the festival or are a fifty something who liked music 30 years ago and your taste fossilised. James, Shed 7, Madness give me a break.

9 minutes ago, Norbert said:

I can only imagine you are involved with the festival or are a fifty something who liked music 30 years ago and your taste fossilised. James, Shed 7, Madness give me a break

What about Sam Fender, Kasabian, Inhaler, Jade Bird, Declan McKenna, Lady Leshurr, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Vaccines, The Sheafs, Lottery Winners, Sigrid, Sports Team, Reverend and The Makers, The Wombats, Scouting for  Girls. Etc Etc. Etc. 

No I'm not even 50 but like loads of different music from Opera through to Garage through to Rock through to country and western. Also I like loads of new bands and older ones too. Keeps things fresh tha knows....

And no, I'm not involved with the festival at all... just like to support and encourage all things Sheff. 

4 hours ago, Norbert said:

I can only imagine you are involved with the festival or are a fifty something who liked music 30 years ago and your taste fossilised. James, Shed 7, Madness give me a break.

What if you like plenty of new music but also think James are one of the most entertaining on stage bands still (they are, btw)? Is that allowed, sir?

4 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

What about Sam Fender, Kasabian, Inhaler, Jade Bird, Declan McKenna, Lady Leshurr, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Vaccines, The Sheafs, Lottery Winners, Sigrid, Sports Team, Reverend and The Makers, The Wombats, Scouting for  Girls. Etc Etc. Etc. 

This is not the same list I was commenting on from a few pages back.

From this new list Sheafs, Lottery Winners, Sports Team are ok but I'm never going to feel passionate about them as it's all been done with more talent and imagination. I'd pay a few quid not to see most of the rest.

1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

What if you like plenty of new music but also think James are one of the most entertaining on stage bands still (they are, btw)? Is that allowed, sir?

Sir? Oh dear

Guest sibon

Anyway. If you don’t like Shed 7 or James, the Dorothy Pax have taken Canal Lines on holiday to Heeley this year. All free, all weekend and Heeley People’s park is surrounded by great drinking and eating establishments.

I’m off to see the Bowie Contingent in a while. Say hello if you see me.

Edited by sibon

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

Anyway. If you don’t like Shed 7 or James, the Dorothy Pax have taken Canal Lines on holiday to Heeley this year. All free, all weekend and Heeley People’s park is surrounded by great drinking and eating establishments.

I’m off to see the Bowie Collective in a while. Say hello if you see me.

Nobody could miss you in that yellow outfit. Sunday is going to be good.

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Nobody could miss you in that yellow outfit. Sunday is going to be good.

Haha. I’ll give you a salute if I spot you😁

Sunday does look good. Tomorrow is interesting too.

3 hours ago, sibon said:

I’m off to see the Bowie Contingent in a while. Say hello if you see me.

I was just there, Jason the singer is very good, as are the band. Thanks for the heads up, sorry I didn't get chance to say hello.

• Like 1

Guest sibon
22 minutes ago, Norbert said:

I was just there, Jason the singer is very good, as are the band. Thanks for the heads up, sorry I didn't get chance to say hello.

I didn’t have my yellow outfit on. But I will be there tomorrow teatime