Do Shop Bought Rat Poisons Work?

20 hours ago, redruby said:

If you think the rats entry point is somewhere cobwebby like a cellar, have a look for likely entry points with no cobwebs. That’s a big clue the rats are running through and breaking up the cobwebs. The put your bait in strategic place on the suspected entry point. Rats are clever and suspicious so they might avoid the bait at first but give it time.  You could do similar with a trap but I haven’t tried that.

Yep, Rats have very small brains but they're not daft.

9 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

Yep, Rats have very small brains but they're not daft.

Their certainly not Mr. X

You do know they work in pairs, one takes the bait from the rat trap, while the other one holds the spring to stop it activating..

3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I expect that's why you don't get many posting on SF then?

They'll be avoiding the Adverts like the plague! :roll:

The ads are actually spreading like the Plague,  why don't the Mods suspend or ban them like they do with the naughty people on SF. :hihi:

33 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The ads are actually spreading like the Plague,  why don't the Mods suspend or ban them like they do with the naughty people on SF. :hihi:

Ad blockers are your friend, the Google Chrome browser has them bullt in, I've been using it for years.

More to the point, the Mods need the ads to generate revenue to run the forum, it ain't free you know!

Edited by XPertByExperien
More detail
  • Haha 1

On 03/03/2023 at 16:07, Prettytom said:

A couple of things spring to mind.

First of all, have you tried different types of poison? You can buy various different sorts of wax blocks on eBay. It might be worth varying the type of poison. And put some traps down  too. You can buy easy set ones from Big Cheese.

Secondly, it might be time to call in a professional. Rentokil are eye wateringly expensive, but there are plenty of well priced small firms out there.

This is what we've been using, bought in batches of 25 bags !  :

Rodex25 Whole Wheat Rat Poison | STRONGEST BAIT AVAILABLE | One Dose Rat Killer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382611481443?var=652244970237

"Because of their delayed mode of action, anticoagulant rodenticide may take between 4-10 days to be effective after consumption"

I thought all rat bait had the same type of anticoagulant poison ?

2 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Ad blockers are your friend, the Google Chrome browser has them bullt in, I've been using it for years.

More to the point, the Mods need the ads to generate revenue to run the forum, it ain't free you know!

Instead of ads, the Mods should fine Naughty People and if they don't pay up they can't post or quote.  :gag:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This is what we've been using, bought in batches of 25 bags !  :

Rodex25 Whole Wheat Rat Poison | STRONGEST BAIT AVAILABLE | One Dose Rat Killer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382611481443?var=652244970237

"Because of their delayed mode of action, anticoagulant rodenticide may take between 4-10 days to be effective after consumption"

I thought all rat bait had the same type of anticoagulant poison ?

https://www.pest-expert.com/rat-poison-28-c.asp

This place is on Broadfield Road and might help you