Safe Standing Allowed This Coming Season

4 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Nothing more to add except it’s better than losing 14 -0

What I was going to say it’s for premier and championship clubs only who can apply for a licence 

good idea for United or not?

Bad idea in my opinion, be ok if everyone was the same height.

I presume it will be in an area specifically for adults.

A lot of things to consider before this is implemented.

It's about time safe standing is introduced at grounds. It's surely safer for people to stand in a section designed for standing rather than seated areas. Many times I've nearly been knocked onto the seats in front when there's a goal.

It's something that could be built in when they finally re build your kop surely.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It's about time safe standing is introduced at grounds. It's surely safer for people to stand in a section designed for standing rather than seated areas. Many times I've nearly been knocked onto the seats in front when there's a goal.

It's something that could be built in when they finally re build your kop surely.

I've been in safe standing areas abroad there's nothing wrong with them although I prefer to be seated.

All I'm saying is a lot needs to be considered on where to put them and who can use them.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I've been in safe standing areas abroad there's nothing wrong with them although I prefer to be seated.

All I'm saying is a lot needs to be considered on where to put them and who can use them.

Yes of course, it wouldn't be very clever sticking it on the front row😂.  Most grounds I think could easily have them installed, hopefully the trials will go well.

3 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Bad idea. Hillsbro' was one tragedy too many. Seated measures were introduced for very sound reasons.

That was a different time and it wasn't the standing that killed, it was the fencing which grounds mostly don't have now thankfully.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Yes of course, it wouldn't be very clever sticking it on the front row😂.  Most grounds I think could easily have them installed, hopefully the trials will go well.

That was a different time and it wasn't the standing that killed, it was the fencing which grounds mostly don't have now thankfully.

Sadly some aspects of those different times appear to be coming back

2 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Sadly some aspects of those different times appear to be coming back

Maybe but ground safety is much more understood and safer than it was back then.  Standing in an area designed for standing is safer than how it is now.