Safe Standing Allowed This Coming Season

With Nervy Owl on this one, can’t understand why on earth anyone,  barring age and disability,  would want to sit down at football. Absolutely counter intuitive to sit when  you can stand.

Football is a passionate, emotional game and most of the crowd seem to stand  during moments of excitement. 
I have a seat almost at the back of the Kop where everyone stands. I wouldn’t dream of blocking someone’s view hence my choice of seat. The atmosphere is tons better standing.

Perhaps sitters would be better off at cricket or crown green bowling.

UTB

On 14/07/2022 at 22:37, Runningman said:

Thanks Alex, not seen that much metal before.

Looks good, but still the possible pain of the idiots close to you

Life’s full of challenges.

On 14/07/2022 at 15:27, Baron99 said:

Celtic introduced a safe standing section about 5 or 6 years ago.  Yes it did improve the atmosphere but of course you can never legislate for those using it.  It has caused a number of problems.   Certain fans aren't content just to stand in their allocated seat section but move.  Certain fans aren't content with just standing on the concrete steps but feel the need to climb up on the metalwork in front of them, resulting in fans behind either doing similar or having their views obstructed. 

Maybe it's an age thing.  I'm now used to sitting on the Kop at BDTBL.  If they bring in a standing section in my bit of the Kop, I'll be looking for a new seat. 

How old are you ?  

Edited by Ridgewalk

55 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

With Nervy Owl on this one, can’t understand why on earth anyone,  barring age and disability,  would want to sit down at football. Absolutely counter intuitive to sit when  you can stand.

Football is a passionate, emotional game and most of the crowd seem to stand  during moments of excitement. 
I have a seat almost at the back of the Kop where everyone stands. I wouldn’t dream of blocking someone’s view hence my choice of seat. The atmosphere is tons better standing.

Perhaps sitters would be better off at cricket or crown green bowling.

UTB

Life’s full of challenges.

How old are you ?  

See i'm the exact opposite, for me id much prefer to sit down in my seat and watch the game. It means I can sit next to my young son without moving to the front row of the stand and idiots don't act like its a moshpit when we score, pushing forward 20 rows.

11 minutes ago, scottf said:

See i'm the exact opposite, for me id much prefer to sit down in my seat and watch the game. It means I can sit next to my young son without moving to the front row of the stand and idiots don't act like its a moshpit when we score, pushing forward 20 rows.

Bless you. Stay safe. Personally don’t know how I survived all those year at football. I must be tougher than I thought.

This thread is an education in sociology and psychology.

Edited by Ridgewalk

5 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Bless you. Stay safe. Personally don’t know how I survived all those year at football. I must be tougher than I thought

Before you ask again, 63 & not that's got anything to do with my preference now for sitting down on the Kop at BDTBL or really anything to do with you either. 

Trust me.  If I was to stand in front of you at BDTBL then you wouldn't have much of a view. 

Edited by Baron99

3 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Bless you. Stay safe. Personally don’t know how I survived all those year at football. I must be tougher than I thought.

No point being facetious about it. I used to stand on the Kop and on the Old John street and my personal preference is to be sat down, what's wrong with that?

It's not an education in sociology and psychology, its about someone not appreciating that others can have other opinions that differ to yours.

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Before you ask again, 63 & not that's got anything to do with my preference now for sitting down on the Kop at BDTBL or really anything to do with you either. 

Trust me.  If I was to stand in front of you at BDTBL then you wouldn't have much of a view. 

I'm sure if you were stood in front of him he'd just give you some verbal abuse and push you out of the way because that was ok in the 1970's 🙄

30 minutes ago, scottf said:

No point being facetious about it. I used to stand on the Kop and on the Old John street and my personal preference is to be sat down, what's wrong with that?

It's not an education in sociology and psychology, its about someone not appreciating that others can have other opinions that differ to yours.

I'm sure if you were stood in front of him he'd just give you some verbal abuse and push you out of the way because that was ok in the 1970's 🙄

I'm a bit like a big Weeble, people can try & push me & I might wobble but I don't fall down. 

(Big rush now to the internet to check what a Weeble is for anyone under the age of 60).

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Maybe you need education in not patronising others with an opinion different to yours  ....

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Err, didn’t you say «  maybe it’s an age thing » ?  If it’s got nothing to do with your preference , why mention it then ? You can sit, stand, squat,  stand on your head and watch the match for all I care mate , not my business. The seats/steps are of a depth that it’s not that big of a problem anyway and I’ve got a giant stands in front of me. The posts, which obscure the view are more of a problem. 

Everyone stands around me/us. I’ve never felt uncomfortable or at risk.  

On the other hand used to sit in the old Arnold Laver ( don’t know name now), and saw fights, threats and the language was, ooooo terrible, made me blush.  Middle aged to older guys as well

1 hour ago, scottf said:

Don’t get your dander up. You’re missing the key point and  that is that the choice  to stand at matches, until fairly recently , has been entirely removed, so it’s been a bit of a challenge to be forced to sit. 

I actually think you do need a bit of an education if you think that I’m denying  anyone the right to an opinion. Your last sentence is insulting and pathetic. 

49 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Maybe you need education in not patronising others with an opinion different to yours  ....

49 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Perhaps you could give me the benefit of your wisdom ?  Although you do sound a bit condes…condece….condescending