You Aren't Able Bodied, You Are Non Disabled.

It's from the Daily Mail so could be a load of exaggerated rubbish but if accurate then this in my view is going too far. Bristol and Nottingham universities are reportedly banning every day words and giving them more 'up to date' alternatives. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10991217/Woke-university-chiefs-BAN-terms-like-mankind-millennial.html

Your thoughts?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

It's from the Daily Mail so could be a load of exaggerated rubbish but if accurate then this in my view is going too far. Bristol and Nottingham universities are reportedly banning every day words and giving them more 'up to date' alternatives. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10991217/Woke-university-chiefs-BAN-terms-like-mankind-millennial.html

Your thoughts?

Madness 

As with the supposed 'furore' over banks giving staff the option to have preferred pronouns on name badges, people should be referred to in a manner they feel comfortable with.

I think the Daily Mail should invest in quality journalism.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

As with the supposed 'furore' over banks giving staff the option to have preferred pronouns on name badges, people should be referred to in a manner they feel comfortable with.

I think the Daily Mail should invest in quality journalism.

But what about  when not refering to people , just words in general  ?

This daft old boswellox again. It's been a thing since at least the 80s, when folk frothed about teachers not being able to use the word 'blackboard'.  Did they mention manhole covers?  I must admit I skimmed.

University course content needing trigger warnings is ridiculous though, and debate is being shut down in academia.  Students should be uncomfortable and challenged at university, as their ideas are picked apart and criticised and they're exposed to others' ideas for them to do likewise. 

I got this from Wiki, more out of interest than anything else.

I also have to say that I didn't know that this was how the word 'man' came about. Is it right?

The term man (from Proto-Germanic *mann- "person") and words derived from it can designate any or even all of the human race regardless of their sex or age

As for the link in the OPs thread. I think he needs to spend more time doing real work. As repeated a few times on this forum "The World is going mad" (roughly worded)

1 minute ago, zach said:

As for the link in the OPs thread. I think he needs to spend more time doing real work. As repeated a few times on this forum "The World is going mad" (roughly worded)

Don't take personal swipes at me.