Graves Park Motor Show - disappointment

theripsaw

I went to this hoping to see the Lambourghini's from Winchester Cars as advertised in the brochure. Pity Winchester Cars didnt turn up at all. Does anybody know why they didnt show?

Would it be cynical to think they never intended to, but perhaps enjoyed the free advertising?

Aaaah, I wondered why we couldn't find them! We only realised when we eventually read the flyer when we were almost out of the park!

I think overall it was good though, there were some stunning cars there on show and the fairground was great for the kids. My mum and dad had their Morris A30 on show too.

My favourite was looking at all the boy racers battered motors down near the duck ponds...there were some right heaps of junk!

We went on sunday as well- I was disappointed that the Lambo's were not there.. but the batmobile was so that made up for it for me! :thumbsup:

Batman looked like crap though- they could have got someone with a decent costume, his ears were all floppy for starters.

The Wall of Death was good as usual- Kerri seems to have pimped out her go-cart with underside blue lighting- very nice... it seemed a lot shorter a show than last year though.

All in all it was a good day out- and I'm glad yet again that they decided to keep the chav riders down at the bottom of the park away from the main attractions.. there were only one or two cars that actually looked any good to me + the speedboat looked good as well but looked horribly plonked with the chavmobiles.

PS: Did anyone see the jesus tent at the top of the park near the entrance and the wall of death?

The sign outside said 'Come in- touch god meet jesus'

I was tempted just to see what he looked like.

Unfortunately- 'jesus' turned out to be a scruffy looking man in a hippie shirt from the looks of it.

hey why is everyone having a pop at the boyracers i went down for a look and thought some of the cars looked amazing ther were cars with professional paintjobs and allsorts they werent just standard saxos with fat exhausts perhaps if you got off your almighty high horses and actually went for a look you would have appreciated some of the hard work that had gone into those cars

I didn't even get the chance to look around as the fact that it cost money to get into it this year was not put on either of the two signs in the park that I saw.

I got up there hot, thirsty and in need of a loo only to find I couldn't get in, I ended up watering a tree.

Slightly annoying as well for many folks I would imagine was the fact that the only disabled loo in the park was inside the enclosure.

I went - on my own - and enjoyed it.

The older cars attracted me for nostalgia value.

The circle of 'noise-mobiles' at the bottom looked like the Blue Ball car park to me, so didn't even bother wasting my time walking down there.

hey why is everyone having a pop at the boyracers i went down for a look and thought some of the cars looked amazing ther were cars with professional paintjobs and allsorts they werent just standard saxos with fat exhausts perhaps if you got off your almighty high horses and actually went for a look you would have appreciated some of the hard work that had gone into those cars

Dont get me wrong some of them looked good- about 3 of them.

The rest have concentrated on obtaining a trophy bird to sit inside the car and also have a large stereo system.

This does not make an amazing car.

They look a mess.

A Porsche looks nice, the hummer limo's looked swell, hell, even the aging batmobile looked better than some of the crap that was parked at the bottom of the park in the noisy area- if the cars are so good then, why are they placed out of the way right at the bottom?

I looked, I saw, we walked away thinking the same thing.

You can tart the cars up all you want, at the end of the day- chavmobiles.

They are not a porche or a lambo, thats a class car.

The circle of 'noise-mobiles' at the bottom looked like the Blue Ball car park to me, so didn't even bother wasting my time walking down there.

Thankyou for that- we walked down there, you didnt miss anything :thumbsup:

Apart from loud noise, swearing and trophy girlfriends aged about 16

Archived