How Are You Dealing With The Weather?

5 hours ago, Delbow said:

The climate and the weather are different things. The former influences the latter. Not that you care, because you'll be dead by the time is hitting 50°c, and that's what matters isn't it.

Weather is the rain/sun in a small location, the climate is weather on a larger scale.

This heatwave is over thousands of miles, with forrest fires in other countries.

I hate this hot weather, I prefer cold weather. Taken my dog out three times today, not seen hardly anyone else.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Anyone taking the dog out in this is an absolute moron.

Depends on the person. Just taken mine out for a quick one and he's straight back in laying under a big fan in the front room. Just topped up the water butt for the plants as well in anticipation of the inevitable hosepipe ban.

27 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Depends on the person. Just taken mine out for a quick one and he's straight back in laying under a big fan in the front room. Just topped up the water butt for the plants as well in anticipation of the inevitable hosepipe ban.

OK, was the walk fully in the shade? You are aware of how hot pavements/roads can get for their paws?

Guest sibon
49 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Anyone taking the dog out in this is an absolute moron.

Some Sheffield stations starting to hit 100 degrees F  (37.8c) around now.

I took mine out at 6:30 this morning. Totally in the woods. It was still very borderline in terms of air temperature and we did about half of the usual walk.

He’s napping in a shady room now. I might join him.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I took mine out at 6:30 this morning. Totally in the woods. It was still very borderline in terms of air temperature and we did about half of the usual walk.

He’s napping in a shady room now. I might join him.

Oh aye thats fine, was more on about the current situation of over 100 degrees F.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh aye thats fine, was more on about the current situation of over 100 degrees F.

It was  28  Celsius at 6:30 this morning, according to my car. Even that isn’t great for dogs

36 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

OK, was the walk fully in the shade? You are aware of how hot pavements/roads can get for their paws?

As said it depends on the person taking the dog for a walk. It does not have to be fully in the shade if it only lasts minutes and where I am situated it is not on a pavement but on grass, surrounded by trees and shade. Unfortunately he won't use the toilet so needs to go out for a wee. Any more questions?