How Are You Dealing With The Weather?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Is it cooler indoors where you live?

All this social media hysteria is nonsense. If you read the advice from vets, the high risk dogs are those that are obese and the flat face ones such as pugs and bulldogs, those dogs struggle to breathe 24/7

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/news/heatwave-agony-flat-faced-pets

Is it cooler indoors? Yes. Also the floor in the house isnt being scorched by the sun.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Is it cooler indoors where you live?

All this social media hysteria is nonsense. If you read the advice from vets, the high risk dogs are those that are obese and the flat face ones such as pugs and bulldogs, those dogs struggle to breathe 24/7

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/news/heatwave-agony-flat-faced-pets

I agree with you, dogs are snowflakes. Apparently a bit of “summer” and they need looking after. They should just learn to lump it like the rest of us. I blame the vets - it’s all a conspiracy to make us buy insurance and have the owners  tracked (“chipped” - yeah right),  I blame big Veterinarian.   I’ll dig out the YouTube evidence shortly. 

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/advice/dog/how-to-keep-dogs-cool-in-the-summer-heat

Guest sibon
21 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are we really calling 39.something degree heat "a bit of summer"?

<whispers> I think he’s being ironic😁

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is it cooler indoors? Yes. Also the floor in the house isnt being scorched by the sun.

It feels cooler if I sit near the fan, but the dog doesn't like the fan, the breeze outside makes it feel cooler.

Walking on grass is fine, concrete is cooler than tarmac. Tarmac is ok before noon. I walked barefoot after noon and it was hot, but not recommended for a long period.

Many dogs are lucky to get walked at all, but a leisurely walk for a healthy dog/person expends very little energy.

A dog indoors walks and barks at passing aeroplanes, very little difference to a walk.

1 hour ago, Dave h-j said:

The link is just more hype, never leave a dog in a car! It's fine in winter, poor advice.

29 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I'll be glad when winter gets here, sick of the news, Look North ect, they are like a Dog with a bone.   On saying that when winter does arrive and we get a snowflake, stand by for days of news about that.  :roll:

And that's the problem, the media.  I'm not disputing that a small section of society wouldn't have been affected by the extreme temperatures yesterday but the Met Office did give us a good week's notice of what to expect & how to combat much of it - draw your curtains, close your windows to keep your properties cool, drink plenty of water.  How much advice do people need? 

Edited by Baron99