How Are You Dealing With The Weather?

Reflective stuff (you see it on car windscreens in hot weather) on the bedroom windows. That room faces west so gets the sun on it from just after midday, all the way until it sets at 9 ish; constant. I hate a warm bedroom, so it's window open slightly reflective stuff on the glass, blinds down, then blackout blind. It's probably pitch black dark if I went in now. Sleep with fan on a timer. 

Met Office amber weather warning for extreme heat for next Sunday (17th):

Population-wide adverse health effects are likely to be experienced, not limited to those most vulnerable to extreme heat, leading to potential serious illness or danger to life. ...

Temperatures will build again later this week and over the coming weekend, likely peaking on Sunday and Monday. Some exceptionally high temperatures are possible and cumulative effects of warm nights and hot days are expected to bring widespread impacts to people and infrastructure. This period of hot weather is expected to continue into the early part of next week, hence an update extending this warning into Monday is likely.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

When the temperatures are around the same for most of the week? :confused:

My neck of the woods it's 24 midweek, then up to 33 by Sunday.  Would imagine Sheffield follows a similar pattern but a bit lower down the scale, probably a high of 29 or 30. 

7 minutes ago, Hecate said:

My neck of the woods it's 24 midweek, then up to 33 by Sunday.  Would imagine Sheffield follows a similar pattern but a bit lower down the scale, probably a high of 29 or 30. 

18-22 midweek, 17-28 Sunday if they can forecast that far ahead, but I can remember frying eggs on car bonnets  some days, probably 50+ years back, and we didn't get all these 'warnings' - and I'm still here. 😃

Edited by RollingJ