How Are You Dealing With The Weather?

Red extreme heat weather warning issued for Monday and Tuesday.

• Population-wide adverse health effects experienced, not limited to those most vulnerable to extreme heat, leading to serious illness or danger to life. Government advice is that 999 services should be used in emergencies only; seek advice from 111 if you need non-emergency health advice.
  • Substantial changes in working practices and daily routines will be required
  • High risk of failure of heat-sensitive systems and equipment, potentially leading to localised loss of power and other essential services, such as water or mobile phone services
  • Significantly more people visiting coastal areas, lakes and rivers, leading to an increased risk of water safety incidents
  • Delays on roads and road closures, along with delays and cancellations to rail and air travel, with significant welfare issues for those who experience even moderate delays

Guest sibon
On 12/07/2022 at 18:31, The_DADDY said:

A tray of ice placed directly in front of a fan is also pretty good.

Or stick them in a large G and T.

The ice, not the fan.

Edited by sibon

11 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

WARNING ! To all Lobsters  and Gingernuts, this weekend and Monday and Tuesday is gonna be Scorching, so go and get a couple of bottles of factor 200 suncream.  :gag:  :hihi:

Hope Amanda's make up doesn't run.

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think this I'd going a bit far.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62162687.amp

I hope this dosent spark a tinfoil shortage.

I'd be screwed if it did.

From the article:

The heatwave in 2020 closed the Grade II*-listed structure when cracks in the cast-iron expanded. The bridge reopened the following year but only to pedestrians and cyclists.

Doesn't seem that unreasonable in the circumstances.

If it's just that one bridge, I don't think your tinfoil supplies will be affected.

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

She doesn't need make up she is GORGEOUS!  Without, Now surely my ban will be lifted from Padders bar now. Grovel Grovel, 😭

Welcome back to the "Padders Bar" crew Mr. Presley.

Your first drink is on the house.:thumbsup:

Just now, altus said:

From the article:

Doesn't seem that unreasonable in the circumstances.

If it's just that one bridge, I don't think your tinfoil supplies will be affected.

Phew!

That's a relief.  I was quite worried if I'm honest.