How Are You Dealing With The Weather?

11 hours ago, rogets said:

At our works, anyone complaining about the hot weather gets sacked immediately 

Yes, It's getting very silly now..

Horse racing suspended on Mon-Tuesday.

Some schools are closing Mon-Tuesday,

I think sacking someone is a bit harsh though, personally I would just dock them a weeks wages.

Massive exaggeration. It takes 7-10 days of constant heat above 30 C for everything to properly absorb the heat. Yesterday, it was raining. It will 35 + on Monday and Tuesday and then 19 C on Wednesday. Tabloid front page hysteria, nothing more. 

As soon as the temp gets above 25 degrees celsius I cant work so I'm going to be working 6am to noon on Monday and Tuesday.

It worked well in central Germany and hit the open air pools in the afternoon.

The gazebo in the garden will be my temporary office .

I've got a Britta water filter jug in the fridge and doubled up on ice cubes.

Oh the hysteria!  Get a grip people. 

As is the general way of the world these days, the news & media outlets can't just report that the Met Office have issued this weather warning in a calm manner & have done with it. 

It's funny that it was reported a few days earlier that the temp was going to be about 35 or 36 degrees, the media were revelling in telling us that the UK woud be hotter than places like Hawaii.  A couple of degrees more & its like the end of the world is coming. 

Let's remember that for millions of Brits who can't get on flights out of the UK this year, they'd be spending a small fortune abroad to expect & experience temperatures like this for a fortnight & come back to the UK moaning if they didn't. 

• Like 1