Meritocracy V 'Positive Discrimination'

3 hours ago, Litotes said:

Your highlighting of the failing highlights the fact that Labour picks on  ability not on gender - race and gender should not be mentioned... but you do!

My bold. 

Ability my backside. 

I think the Labour Party themselves would disagree agree with you.  Clearly the best man for the job probably won't get the chance, if their particular ethnic, gender, sexual orientation quota has been filled for that year. 

https://labour.org.uk/about/diversifying-parliament/

Edited by Baron99

• 1 month later...

Mr Sunak will become the UK's first British Asian prime minister and the youngest for more than 200 years.

Mr Sunak - a 42-year-old practising Hindu - is expected to take office on Tuesday after being formally appointed by the King.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63375281

Was he on an all non-white shortlist at all ?

Just asking.......

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Mr Sunak will become the UK's first British Asian prime minister and the youngest for more than 200 years.

Mr Sunak - a 42-year-old practising Hindu - is expected to take office on Tuesday after being formally appointed by the King.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63375281

Was he on an all non-white shortlist at all ?

Just asking.......

I've no idea about the shortlist but I Am getting hacked off at the fact the radio programms I've listened to all bang on about his heritage. 

Like, So bloody what??

No one cares apart from the woke, identity politics obsessed morons. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I've no idea about the shortlist but I Am getting hacked off at the fact the radio programms I've listened to all bang on about his heritage. 

Like, So bloody what??

No one cares apart from the woke, identity politics obsessed morons. 

Funny how the Labour supporters claim to be this ultra-inclusive group but have arguably a whiter party than the Tories.

Like Morgan Freeman once said:

How do we get rid of racism? Stop talking about it! I'm going to stop calling you a white man, and you're going to stop calling me a black man...

For all we're told that we should accept each other for what we are, the MSM and Left don't half bang on about race/sex/gender differences...

2 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Funny how the Labour supporters claim to be this ultra-inclusive group but have arguably a whiter party than the Tories.

Like Morgan Freeman once said:

How do we get rid of racism? Stop talking about it! I'm going to stop calling you a white man, and you're going to stop calling me a black man...

For all we're told that we should accept each other for what we are, the MSM and Left don't half bang on about race/sex/gender differences...

Bravo 👏 

One of the best posts I've seen on here in a good while.

Oh and I agree with every word...

On 14/09/2022 at 17:55, RJRB said:

Only time will tell but she [Liz Truss]was the Party’s choice rather than the Conservative MPs.

(To be accurate, The Conservative Party's membership preferred Penny Mordaunt when they were polled prior to the voting of MPs that narrowed down the field from nine to two last time around.)