Meritocracy V 'Positive Discrimination'

Again your point is nonsensical as all 11 put themselves forward of their own choosing. You wont see this though, and therefore this thread will go on for pages and pages with you making the exact same point and everyone else telling you that you are wrong.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Again your point is nonsensical as all 11 put themselves forward of their own choosing. You wont see this though, and therefore this thread will go on for pages and pages with you making the exact same point and everyone else telling you that you are wrong.

No, it's YOU that doesn't see the point.

The only question is are you deliberately missing it, or is it a case of there are none so blind ?

27 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It has just been reported by R4's Today programme that there has just been a poll by Conservative members (on Conservative Home) as to which of the leadership candidates was their preference.

There was no white male in the top 5.

Shall we also remind ourselves that the Tories have had two female leaders (= Prime ministers).

Now, apart from the fact this rather contradicts the stereotype of racist sexist Conservatives, this result surely proves that positive discrimination - e.g. compulsory numbers of women on short lists etc * - (favoured by the Labour party) is not only discriminatory and patronising, it doesn't work.

* In fact Labour had compulsory all women short lists since 1997.

Labour used all-women shortlists to select candidates in half of all winnable seats for the 1997 general election,

How discriminatory and patronising is that ?

Staggering.....

Past time the pols, and the MSM stopped patronising, catagorizing and demeaning human beings.

Everything from COVID, to climate change, to required voter ID, always seems  to "disproportionately affect blacks, minorities, women and children".

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Take the blinkers off Mr Risen, and try to understand what Mr Chekhov is saying.

I don't agree with a lot of what he has to say, like I don't with a lot of posters on here...
... but I also don't make a judgement on what they're posting until I've actually read it! :roll:

Some on here seem to see a post and immediately jump in just because of who's posted it...
... and that in itself is a bit discriminatory, isn't it? :nod:

BTW: Apologies to Mr Risen... it could quite easily have been one of many on here, it just happened to be your post (the bit in bold) that triggered me off! :hihi:

set-for-the-fall-fight.gif

Live footage of Chekhov posting onto the forum

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Take the blinkers off Mr Risen, and try to understand what Mr Chekhov is saying.

I don't agree with a lot of what he has to say, like I don't with a lot of posters on here...
... but I also don't make a judgement on what they're posting until I've actually read it! :roll:

Some on here seem to see a post and immediately jump in just because of who's posted it...
... and that in itself is a bit discriminatory, isn't it? :nod:

BTW: Apologies to Mr Risen... it could quite easily have been one of many on here, it just happened to be your post (the bit in bold) that triggered me off! :hihi:

Does it really need a specific thread for every single thought that enters his head? We have a Tory thread currently discussing the leadership race. This is adding absolutely nothing and is based on a flawed premise that the people in the leadership race have been selected to be in it.

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

set-for-the-fall-fight.gif

Live footage of Chekhov posting onto the forum

Does it really need a specific thread for every single thought that enters his head? We have a Tory thread currently discussing the leadership race. This is adding absolutely nothing and is based on a flawed premise that the people in the leadership race have been selected to be in it.

Well if that's your view, then that's fine! (with the exception of the unfunny gif :roll:)

But maybe you should have posted that instead of suggesting the thread be closed? :)

Well, I’ve read the OP. Twice.

It’s premised on a double strawman argument (🎼🎶when one strawman argument isn’t enough 🎶).

So I’m with the “lock it up” crowd.

Sorry Mr Bloke 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

Well, I’ve read the OP. Twice.

It’s premised on a double strawman argument (🎼🎶when one strawman argument isn’t enough 🎶).

So I’m with the “lock it up” crowd.

Sorry Mr Bloke 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that anyone who still uses the word 'strawman' is in favour of suppressing the thoughts of others.

A 'double strawman/woman/thing' merely emphasises that by a factor of... '10'. ;) (a bit of a binary joke there, well two in one if anyone's counting)

23 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that anyone who still uses the word 'strawman' is in favour of suppressing the thoughts of others.

A 'double strawman/woman/thing' merely emphasises that by a factor of... '10'. ;) (a bit of a binary joke there, well two in one if anyone's counting)

The thoughts in question are expressed in the OP.

Justin is perfectly free to daisy chain any further thoughts in his dedicated ‘Modern Life is Rubbish’ stream-of-consciousness thread.

Have another free pop at my ‘debate-suppressing’ tendencies 😘