Has Free To View Telly Ever Been This Bad?

Anna B

Just now, Padders said:

Starting tomorrow on BBC 4  "Boys from the black stuff"

Always wondered why its never been on before, and here it is.

Hope it's as good as I remember, brilliant programme as I remember.

Don't think I ever watched it.

17 minutes ago, Padders said:

Try and watch it Ian..

First shown in 1982.  5 episodes.

Does Yosser Hughes ring a bell " Gee us a Job"

Its a lot grimmer than I remembered and while there are some good episodes some are a little dull,

Guest ThaBoom

It's abysmal and getting worse.

I never find anything interesting to watch and most of tv is dominated by reality programmes.

Either it's cooking, cleaning, digging, repairing,  shopping or just plain nonsense.

45 minutes ago, briret said:

Padders

Yosser "I am desperate Father"

Priest "Dan call me Dan"

Yosser " I am Desperate Dan"

Had tears laughing at that for the first time and subsequent times when it' s mentioned on tv.

Yes!  Classic.  :hihi:

I think the BBC are so heavily committed to the womens football, which they treat as their baby and they want to ram it down peoples necks, hence they are not showing any other decent programmes atm, whatever happened to those women who cried "there's nothing on but football, and more football! "

1 minute ago, pintor said:

I think the BBC are so heavily committed to the womens football, which they treat as their baby and they want to ram it down peoples necks, hence they are not showing any other decent programmes atm, whatever happened to those women who cried "there's nothing on but football, and more football! "

Probably still complaining that there's too much football on, just like the men who've always complained there's too much football on - regardless of the gender of the people playing it.

Freeview TV channels are wide and varied. I don't think you can generalise really.  I find quite a few of them entertaining and nostalgic.  The BBC is so busy with its internal wranglings that I sometimes think it has forgotten its purpose.  It needs a 'clear out' of all the fat cat 'prima donna' presenters and re-appoint managers who are trusted  and allowed to manage.