Doncaster Sheffield Airport Could Permanently Close

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yup just did a quote for the 22nd-29th August and got the exact same cheapest price. That is extortion. 10% off at certain places though to get the cost just below £90.

A week in September doesnt seem to be much cheaper. 

I bet the local taxi firms are happy.

4 hours ago, BarleyMow said:

£99 to park your car for a week - I nearly fell off my chair!!

if annoying airport users with their prohibitive car park prices was their plan - Well done they’ve achieved it!!

Having said that it's the easiest and least expensive airport to get to from where I live North Yorks.

It's also really easy at DSA, compared with its rivals, to drop travellers off and/or collect them and it costs nothing to do so.

Everyone I know who've used it say it's far better and less stressful than Leeds Bradford or Manchester.  Just look at the problems they've encountered of late.

echo.

54 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Dft confirm new rail link from  ecml

to be ready 2024

What a bizarre turn of events. Government refuse the rail link until the point the airport is under threat of closure, then confirm it with a construction start date two years from now.

Unless that same government plan to support the airport in the intervening period, then it seems unlikely it will ever be built.

Edited by Bargepole23

Just now, Bargepole23 said:

What a bizarre turn of events. Government refuse the rail link until the point the airport is under threat of closure, then confirm it with a construction start date two years from now.

Totally coincidental, I am sure....